• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

It's Officially Official :D

o7sugar

Is it summer yet?? :)
I'm am now the proud owner of my very first little snakelet!! She's still deciding on whether or not she wants to be brave enough to come out of her deli cup ;D NOW I completely understand why you guys call them little worms!!! Just for the size alone! I catch night crawlers thicker than her :D LOVE IT!!!!
For obvious reasons I won't be taking too many pics to share.......just yet.....so when she's settled in I'll be able to grab some! Thank you everyone for all your pics you share on your threads, and for this awesome site that I'm so greatful that I had found a little more than a year ago, and thank you for my little 'Zaphira' :D The first of many~if I have anything to say about it !:dancer:

Congrats! They are very very tiny. Pictures always make them seem so much bigger than they really are. I captured this picture in hopes that it would show how tiny they are but I still don't think that it captured it. But I can't wait to see pictures of you new baby.

Attachments

• 029.JPG
    029.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 121
Christen, I know what you mean!! I found comparing her to a drinking straw width wise helped some of my co-workers realize just how little she is right now :) Oh and nice baby you got there! ;D

Thank you. I am really toying with the idea of keeping her. I didn't keep any normals from this pair last year and after seeing what they grew up to look like. I am thinking I am going to keep one this year.

I'll definately be able to get some pics up in a few days because.......we had our first feed since coming home!!! YAY!!! I tell ya, she seems pretty mellow, curious, and sure has an awesome appetite for being a baby!! I was telling my husband that this is one of the biggest things is for her to feed :D I had to disassemble her whole viv to get her -- but hey, no biggie....YAY!!!

So, I realized that it's been quite some time since I've done an update. Of course I couldn't find my camera yesterday, but I can't believe she's only 6 months and how much she has grown!! She's just about the length of a 10 gallon tank now and the girthyist ;D part of her body is now as thick as my pinky finger....I've got skinny fingers. Weighed her last night pre-feed and she's 33g !! Her behavior is still the BEST!!! My dad held her even though he was visibly shaking, my mom held her and she's terrified of snakes, and whenever someone comes into the house my 20 month little girl runs to the tank to show them "Phira" :D :D :D I love my little snakey!!

Back