• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Just a checkup.

Damn_Hobos

My Snake is A 1yr Old Corn Snake

- He Weighs 6.37 ounces
- 2'6''
-Ive Had Him only Long Enough To See 2 Sheds, but Theyve Both Been In 3 Peices. One Main Shed Then 2 Other peices Equal To Half The Main Shed.
- Feed Him An Adult Each Week, Eats Them Fine, Poops Fine, But He Hasnt eaten For 2 Weeks? Should I be Worried?
-Water Changed daily, From Cool-Lukewarm temp
- 100W Lightbulb 11'' From Bottom of Tank.
- kept In 36x12x12 Tank (Big Enough?)
- No Hisses Or Bites As Of Yet,
-Large Hide On Cool Side, Water Dish On Cool Side, Hollow Log And Stick On Hot Side With aspen Bedding
All I Was WonderingIs If Im Doing This All Right.

Hello,

Here, corn snakes are commonly measured in grams.
6.37 ounces is just about 181 grams.
(Grams, because weight is most critical with tiny hatchlings.)

Water change - good
Tank size - good
Hides on both sides - good

Others will be along soon to give more help.

Are you feeding live or frozen/thawed? Also, make sure that the width of the mouse is no larger than 1.5 the width of the largest part of the snake. I could be wrong, but a 181 gram snake sounds a lttle small for adult mice.

Tank size will be good for life. I think you described a 20 gallon long, which is a good size for an average adult corn.

What do you mean you're heating with a lightbulb from the bottom? What is the floor temp on the warm side and how are you measuring temps?

Do you know the humidity in the tank? Some people use a moist hide box before their snake sheds to help with humidity. I don't recommend misting for corns because if they're wet all the time, it can cause scale rot on their belly.

The hides and water sound good.

the light on the bottom has me confused is that just being used as radiant heat. A heat mat and thermostat would do better as a bulb may be heating the whole tank you want to localize the heat in one area usually 1/3 and held 83-85 deg with gradient across the tank till you reach the other end at around room temp 70 Deg. The humid or shed box works well for sheds I use them and always have a 1 piece shed I use Sphagum moss soaked in water the squeezed till no water comes out put it in a closed box with a hole in one side and out hole on the other set it on the warm side of the tank. mist the moss every couple days to keep it moist.

I think 181 grams is big enough for adult mice, depending on how big your adult mice are. I have lots of adult mice, but I think some of what I consider Jumbos are what others consider adults lol. I'll have to weigh some of mine to see what they weigh, but I doubt that most of them on adults weigh that much.

I do think that you need to get a digital thermometer though.

Back