• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Kaa got renamed Mr. GrumpyPants for the day

LittleFrog

Can't blame him completely though, lol. He timed his shed badly, so he missed his last feeding, which means he went about 3 weeks without being fed, THEN he had his first ever stuck shed with me, it was stuck on his head and eyecaps, so I had to soak him and gently rub it off, which he did NOT like! :p Still, he was being a pretty sweet boy until I went to check on the status of his thawing mouse while holding him. Big mistake, lol. I used tongs, but apparently just being in the same room as the mouse fired him up, because as soon as I sat down, he nailed me. Not that a corn snake bite is ever much of a big deal, but this was the first time I ever actually felt the bite. He put some oomf into it, LOL!

001_zpsfkdlunig.jpg

I had to wait to get a picture until the mouse finished thawing and I could put him in his feeding bowl, so the blood had mostly dried in the pic. Was even more impressive right after he bit me, so weirdly proud of him when he does this, LOL.

Sometimes I'm glad I never got the urge to get a reticulated python!
LOL! I don't even want to imagine what a bite from one of them would feel like!

This is a good warning for newbies like me. Snakes aren't domesticated. They want that mouse when they want that mouse!

Ouch lol my baby corn Is sooo laid back but once she sees that mouse that's it!!

LOL, yeah, it's good to be careful at feeding time. Kaa's got by far the strongest feeding responses of all my snakes at the moment, I swear he thinks he's a king snake sometimes, lol. He's the only one of my four to ever bite. Funny thing is, apart from feeding time, so long as he gets to come out of his viv on his own (gets cranky if you reach in to pull him out), he's a complete sweetheart. I've only ever been bitten by him at feeding time, and it's pretty much been my fault every time, lol.

Lol it depends on the snake both my corns have stronger strike responses than my BP. He has to be left alone and snuggle with his food a good 15-20 minutes before he thinks about eating. So it all depends on the snake not the species. I got pegged pretty bad by my Charcoal last week during feeding doing the same thing he had to wait due to shedding and he didn't like that to much.

Back