• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

King Rat help

If completely blocked, sure. But a large amount of mucus can still cause a decrease in the airway size and increased difficulty due to viscosity. I know that I've certainly had colds where I produced tons of gunk in my lungs and I didn't want to eat because it felt like my larynx would be glued shut. I'm sure a snake can have a similar sensation of "doing this would = bad."

True but the glotis is like the snakes throat so it would be choking. She ate a hopper today

True but the glotis is like the snakes throat so it would be choking. She ate a hopper today

David, you are feeding your snake to much.. People told you to ease.. so ease up. Do not feed her until next Saturday. Feed her once a week. You snake isnt skinny or starving at this point.

Leave her alone in her cage and just let her sit and be by herself. she doesnt need to be held, just kinda leave her be. Keep an eye on the cage and everything but just leave her be. Give her some time to not be stressed out.

KRs are notorious hyper snakes. I think she got stressed out during the shipment and from being handled. So once this snake is better ease off the handling. Give it a few more weeks before taking any more pictures or trying to update us on her with photos. This snake is nothing like you have worked with before. As stated this is more of an expert snake, so treat it as such.

Remember there are reasons why this snake isnt common in the pet trade and you are slowly finding it out. This snake is going to challenge you at every step. Take it very easy with her and she will live a long life with you but if you keep things up, she may not live past the year and will die on you.

David, I am not trying to flame you on this snake. I am just trying to help you learn about it. So take your time with her, do not rush this snake. Feed it once a week for right now. Do not handle it, just let it be and give it time to heal. Remember snakes will act better when they in fact are not. So once this snake looks well. Let it be for a month later before you start to handle it.

Ok jim. I have not handled her very much besides cleaning the cage. I will make sure not to feed her until next sunday. Also I do understand that it is an expert animal and I will continue treating it as one

Back