• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Kingsnake eating question.

Fatman608

I'm Hungry
In Nitelion94 thread about "What kind of snake is this?" the subject of watching a pet kingsnake eating a venomous came up and not to hijack his thread I started this one. The question also came up about dog fighting and cock fighting.

OK, I would love to watch one of my kings eating a venomous snake. The only problem is I am to chicken to let one of my kings get hurt. Rattle snakes have long fangs and I do fear that if the rattlesnake bit one of my kings a fang could hit a lung, heart or other major organ and I like my pet kings even if one of them likes to bite me all the time.

Now for the cock fighting, I do not see anything wrong with cock fights. In my college days, I went to a few and won money betting on my friends birds. I will admit that the birds do not get treated any good and you can not eat them either. I just hate waste of food.

I am not going to talk about dog fighting because I do not understand it because all the Pit Bulls I have ever met were such loveable, hug me now babies that I can't see why anyone would fight them.

Fatman

I would find it interesting to watch a kingsnake eat any other snake as long it isn't my kingsnake and i don't know the other snake or have to pick one out.

cock fighting: not against it but wouldn't go to one.

dog fighting: well dogs are just different to me, i wouldn't watch it and would report it if knew anybody was organizing them. (i don't know about other countries but they are highly illegal here, but so is cock fighting i think)

I had a Corn snake hatchling die on me and I fed it to one of my King snakes after I figured out what it died from. It was ok to watch but nothing to different than feeding it a f/t mouse. What I am talking about is the fight like a boxing match between the King and a Rattle snake but I guess that is what You Tube is for because there are videos of people feeding Kings live Rattlesnakes. I just do not want my Kings to get hurt any way shape or form.

(i don't know about other countries but they are highly illegal here, but so is cock fighting i think)

Dog, and Cock, fighting are illegal here in the U.S.

On a personal note ... I am ~highly~ against fighting animals (any animal) for sport. I would report any such activity and then some.
Am also against feeding a live, viable, venomous snake to a captive kingsnake... there is just, absolutely, no good reason for it.

What I am talking about is the fight like a boxing match between the King and a Rattle snake but I guess that is what You Tube is for because there are videos of people feeding Kings live Rattlesnakes

While I understand it as a fascinating thing to see (though, certainly, not pleasurable), ... it should, IMHO, be left in the wild.;)

Why would it not be pleasurable? Two people get in the ring and box all the time and that is called entertainment. Now I am not saying I would do it just that I would not mind seeing it and I did find the cock fighting entertaining to watch and bet on. It is like bull fighting in Spain and Mexico, I would love to be able to see a live bull fighting match. One thing I do like is at least the bull is butchered for its meat.

Fatman

Well as far as watching kingsnakes eat I would watch others but not mine, Cock fighting my uncle raised roosters and we fought a few in his backyard and its something I was all ways raised around so im not going to lie and say I dont enjoy it. Dog fighting I dont like in any form at all and will report it!

It is like bull fighting in Spain and Mexico, I would love to be able to see a live bull fighting match. One thing I do like is at least the bull is butchered for its meat.

Spain is my second home. While bull fighting is kind of nostalgic, in a cultural sense, I do/did not find it pleasurable ... nor do/did I agree with it.
People vary in what they find pleasurable &/or agree with. You & I just happen to be on opposite sides, of the spectrum, regarding this issue/topic.;)

Oh ... as far as two people boxing... I don't like boxing but at least it is two human beings making a conscious decision to walk into a ring and beat the crap out of each other.;)

I feed my kings any kinked or deformed snakes that come out ot hatching season. Also any wild caught watersnakes, easternhogs, and garters. Havn't tried a racer yet. Racers are very violent, I don't suppose they would hurt my kings. I have a pair of black kings I plan to breed. I have a pretty high demand from church friends for any king snakes I catch or produce to release around there house for viper control.

I feed my kings any kinked or deformed snakes that come out ot hatching season. Also any wild caught watersnakes, easternhogs, and garters. Havn't tried a racer yet. Racers are very violent, I don't suppose they would hurt my kings. I have a pair of black kings I plan to breed. I have a pretty high demand from church friends for any king snakes I catch or produce to release around there house for viper control.

So you put wc snakes with your captive ones? I guess you also don't believe in quarantine new snakes?

Lavender - I understand feeding "kinked or deformed" hatchlings to your kingsnake but what I don't understand is feeding wild caught snakes to your king snake because of the parasites that can be transmitted to your kingsnake.

Plus, the garters I use for insect control and to scare my wife when we redo the flower beds and the hognoses are for toad control. The Texas ratsnakes that I have running around the yard is for rodent control because of the bird feeders attract field mice.

But, I understand if you can not afford to breed or buy mice.

Fatman

Lavender - I understand feeding "kinked or deformed" hatchlings to your kingsnake but what I don't understand is feeding wild caught snakes to your king snake because of the parasites that can be transmitted to your kingsnake.

Plus, the garters I use for insect control and to scare my wife when we redo the flower beds and the hognoses are for toad control. The Texas ratsnakes that I have running around the yard is for rodent control because of the bird feeders attract field mice.

But, I understand if you can not afford to breed or buy mice.

I agree.
(Except for the wife part.:D )
Aside from parasites, one never knows if a wild snake is carrying another illness (without quarantine/observation).

That is probably the best way I can think of for you to introduce parasites into your kingsnake colony. :headbang:

Cockfighting was just made illegal a few years ago here in New Mexico. Dog fighting has been for years. However, both still happen all the time. Not sure about snake fighting. I have watched National Geographic shows are snakes fighting in the wild. But like everyone has stated, they would enjoy it as long as it wasnt their baby. I wonder if there is any videos on kings and Rattlesnakes fighting in the wild.

I don't understand why you would feed wc snakes to your kings? Perhaps it is because I am still a novice, but it does seem a bit ignorant!

Back