• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Listing of TX Reptile Conventions/Shows

ryoverde

Newbie Snake Hobbist
As a non-calender reader -- calenders get so cluttered! -- I thought I'd share what info I have managed to scrounge up on Repticons/reptile conventions in Texas, hoping that I myself can actually go to at least 1 this year... For those not in Texas & aren't interested, I'm sorry for being boring. For folks knowing of more 'cons than I've got listed, I'd love to know about them...
2013:
April 6-7 San Antonio (TX Reptile Expo)
April 13-14 Dallas (Ennis) - Repticon
June 1-2 San Antonio (TX Reptile Expo)
July 6-7 Houston - Repticon
July 27-28 El Paso - Repticon
Sept 7-8 San Antonio (TX Reptile Expo)
Nov 2-3 San Antonio (TX Reptile Expo)
TBA Belton- Repticon

But if you put this info into the calendar here, many more people would see these events.

But if you put this info into the calendar here, many more people would see these events.

Whilst that would undoubtedly be true, when I slipped it out as a topic, I didn't have time to right then put it in the calendar. Now, I haven't figured out how to put it in the calender, still working *that* issue... but at least there's a list for when I do get it figured out. Fair enough? :)

Third Coast Expo is every few months in Katy(west of Houston) -the next show is March 16 & 17,they are smaller than Repticon,but have quality animals & feeders & lots of nice people,they also get to have a display of our local venomous & nonvenomous in the front lobby.anyway,here's a link:

http://www.thirdcoastexpos.com/

Thank you! Love to hear about ones I wasn't aware of/missed, even if I can't get out to them. I came up with my little list via a couple google searches, for reptile convention and/or reptile expos, if I recall correctly. I did doubt it was *complete*, but since this very forum is really my best information source and had no listings in Texas that I could find on the calendar at that time (but calendars can be so "busy" and easy to miss stuff on). Thanks!!!

Oh, and if anyone would care to recommend a Corn Snake raiser's magazine? (it is the Corn Snake forum, after all, versus the general Reptile forum, but maybe a Reptile magazine keeps up on Colurbids/Corns?) I would be glad to hear such recommendations, either here or PM or e-mail, whichever/any folks feel appropriate.

quick list of more, get onto calendar shortly:
North American Reptile Breeders Conference, not just Texas...
Arlington, TX - Feb. 23-24, 2013
Tinley Park, IL - March 16-17, 2013
Arlington, TX - Aug. 10-11, 2013
Anaheim, CA - Sept. 21-22, 2013
Tinley Park, IL - Oct. 12-13, 2013

One benefit of listing events in the calander here is that members can set it up so that the system will send them a reminder when the date of the event approaches. I'm kind of hazy on the particulars, though....

Back