• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Looking for Ms. Piggy

mbdorfer

Plan on taking Kermit outside this weekend for some natural light shots, but couldn't resist a few in the viv pics. He's not quite this bright to the naked eye, dang flash :grin01:
Enjoying his fake tree after a fresh misting

Rough Green Snake

45072.jpg

4507.jpg

desertanimal said:
Nice. How's it going with his feeding? No problems so far?
So far so good Stephanie! The crickets are all gone after 8 days ( approx. 20), and there were 4 small piles of feces in there. I'm giving him a few days rest and see if he'll take a mealworm or two before getting more crickets.
This is a true "learn as I go" experience for me. If he does well, I will seek out a partner. :cheers:

Go green arboreals!!! I honestly don't have a clue about these snakes, but I'm looking forward to learning more from your updates and such!

Maybe George thought you were just describing him...

I FINALLY figured out who was in the post by the title!! :cheers: I am so smart! SMRT!

Looking good, Mike. I can't wait till you get your book!

Nanci

Awwwwww. My first snake was a rough green snake. Saddly I was about 7 years old, and it wasn't the most succesful captive. I wouldn't mind owning one again though...they're so beautiful! I love reading your updates.

Pet Corn Snake said:
I'm really sorry, Well, Nice snake anyways : ) I like his coloring : )
No need to be sorry George. Whenever you see the grin ( :grin01: ) in one of my posts, that means I'm content so to speak.
I'm not Tony Soprano :grin01:

Lisa is pissed at you...

she loves Green Snakes. Reptile Shack has two for sale and Lisa wants them. I understood they were hard to keep. Keep us posted on the success and any tips you may have and we might just get greenies as well. Are you going to build a terrarium?

Cflaguy said:
she loves Green Snakes. Reptile Shack has two for sale and Lisa wants them. I understood they were hard to keep. Keep us posted on the success and any tips you may have and we might just get greenies as well. Are you going to build a terrarium?
Does this mean she's over the king snake thing :duck:
Who luvs ya Lisa! :grin01:
No immediate plans for a terrarium :cheers:

Nanci said:
I FINALLY figured out who was in the post by the title!! :cheers: I am so smart! SMRT!

Nanci

You were deprived of the Muppet's as a child?! You poor thing :sobstory:

Mike, you should name your next snake fozzy bear or something LOL

Actually I think I was too old for the Muppets. What I meant was, I knew which snake the pictures were going to be of! (For once, since it wasn't some obscure rock lyrics title, not to say those aren't cool or even preferable...)

Nanci

Very pretty! I always liked green snakes too, but never kept them because I heard they were difficult. But I have a friend who is a teacher and keeps reptiles in his classroom. He has had success with "community tanks" of insect eating snakes, lizards, and other herps, kept much like community fish tanks. Although it goes against what most of us have experienced in snake keeping, evidently with insect eaters, it isn't quite the same thing. Maybe because they all tend to be small and he keeps them in large, well planted vivs, and because they tend to eat their insect meals very quickly, they don't seem to get stressed to the point of having problems. He has had tanks set up with green snakes and insect eating lizards, newts, etc, for a few years and says they are very easy to keep that way, and has had great success.

It sounds like an interesting project and I intend to look into it further.

How beautiful, and she looks so fragile! I've been a fan of green snakes, they look pretty. Although I think I'll just stick with cornsnakes, maybe there will be a green cornsnake some day. :rolleyes:
Well once again she looks very pretty!

kathylove said:
Very pretty! I always liked green snakes too, but never kept them because I heard they were difficult. But I have a friend who is a teacher and keeps reptiles in his classroom. He has had success with "community tanks" of insect eating snakes, lizards, and other herps, kept much like community fish tanks. Although it goes against what most of us have experienced in snake keeping, evidently with insect eaters, it isn't quite the same thing. Maybe because they all tend to be small and he keeps them in large, well planted vivs, and because they tend to eat their insect meals very quickly, they don't seem to get stressed to the point of having problems. He has had tanks set up with green snakes and insect eating lizards, newts, etc, for a few years and says they are very easy to keep that way, and has had great success.

It sounds like an interesting project and I intend to look into it further.
Thanks Kathy, I gotta say I'm real enthusiastic about taking this guy in. I have also heard that you can keep several in a large terrarium type environment. I'm waiting on a book by Philippe De Vosjoli about their basic care that Jay of PJC Reptiles found for me! How cool is that! :cheers:

So if I happen upon one this summer, do you want me to save it for you? :grin01: (Gotta start carrying a pillowcase on my bike!)

Nanci

Back