• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Mantis tat.. Well the start..

TandJ

Ole' Stoic Viper...
I guess the planned bleeding hearts with this guy is a no go.. Sorry for the poor quality photo... I have probably two or three more sessions to go before its finished...

mantis1_9-26-10.jpg

Just a bit of a changed angle... Can't wait till this thing heals up and we get to continue...

mantis2_9-26-10.jpg

Nice colouring, but I don't think I'll be looking again when its finished. I hate bugs. A mantis face that big would scare the poop out of me.

After the second sitting last night... Still a little more work to go.. Maybe a couple more sittings..

mantis_10-17-10.jpg

Wow, that's pretty cool!! Are the eyes going to be a bit darker/ have some black on them?! I think that would REALLY make the whole thing pop.

I took a screen printing class awhile back, and one of our assignments contained at least 4 layers (many prints are composed by numerous layers of color). This one guy always had this crazy amount of color, bright and awesome, but almost unreadable. The last layer he did was always black, and it always drew the whole thing together. I was almost amazed at how his pieces went from bright, eye catching, but kind of abstract, to amazingly composed, completely readable, very detailed pieces of art.

All with the addition of black. ;)

Very nice, the detail is very well done. It must have been difficult to find such a good tat artist; one that you could trust to get the design and proportioning as perfect as it is.

That is very nice. Love the colors and detail. My boyfriend is a tattoo artist and loves doing animal tattoos. That is very clean work. Love it!

My friend is talented... Here is his fb link... http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=100001073800997

My idea was to have a mantis and he went to work looking for some outstanding specimins.. He found the macro head shoot, and knew I was looking at a maturing mantid.. Another words it was transitioning from grenn to the olived looking brown.. I don't think I am done with the arm at all, and right now i am hoping that I don't lose my colours again...

I have an asian phoenix that is in progress. It takes up my whole right leg. We have 20 hours in it so far and lord only knows how many more. Every time he looks at it he see's more he wants to do. I will have to post pics sometime.

I love the detail in yours.

It's really starting to take shape now :) I agree with Jessicat, definitely a couple more sittings, just to give it (even more of) the wow factor.

I'm pale so didn't think white highlights would do a lot on my latest one (my first in full colour with detail) but I even said when in the chair, 'wow that really makes it POP'.

Can't wait to see how yours progresses.

Back