• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

'Matrix' Hypo

doovoo

Inconsequential.
Some of you may recall this little girl from a thread posted last year, and what a difference that year has made.

She is an '05 Hypo produced by Nate and Tim at Ultimate Cornsnakes, and came from a clutch born of Crimson/Hypo parents - all other siblings were normally patterned.

So stated, I welcome all input, theories and sage wisdom regarding what genes may be at work here (note; there are no known intergrades in her family tree). Her belly is white with black and brown checks (a belly shot will have to wait if anyone is interested - she's just fed and I don't want to bother her any more than I already have).

Finally, I do apologize if the pictures are not 'up to snuff', as my camera is a bit dated.

Enjoy...

Trevor

Attachments

• matrixhypo1.jpg
    matrixhypo1.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 775
  • matrixhypo2.jpg
    matrixhypo2.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 776
  • matrixhypo3.jpg
    matrixhypo3.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 780
  • matrixhypo4.jpg
    matrixhypo4.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 772
Yeh, me too. If folks figure this is one of those incubation-related "defects", then I'm all for breeders doing it deliberately.

-Sean

I remember seeing these on the Ultimatecorns site a while back for mucho deneiro. I remember thinking that they were cool, and that they looked kinda like they had something to do with the "Z" gene (in terms of pattern), but I don't really know anything about the "Matrix Hypos". Great looking snake. :)

That is an interesting pattern for sure. Has this pattern been prooven out to be a recessive trait? If you don't mind me asking... how much did you get it for? I remember this snake having quite the price tag on it. It would be pretty cool if this pattern was recessive and compatible with the pattern seen on some of the z corns. Of course that's assuming the pattern on the z corns was recessive too. Lol.

Thanks to all for the kind words and compliments thus far.

She is (to the best of my knowledge) the only snake of her kind that exists, though the similarity to 'Morph Z' corns is undeniable. However, these 'lines' have no immediate relation, again, that I am aware of.

This particular animal has obviously not been bred (being an '05), and I'm not yet certain that I want to push for this spring. More than likely, '07 will be her year, but then there's a few more years of waiting for those little guys to grow and ...well, you know the drill.

And for those who wondered, she was, indeed, not to be had for cheap. I'd rather not divulge what I did pay in the end, though suffice to say that I did whittle Tim down ever so slightly from the initial asking price (for those who do recall, otherwise, know that it was substantial). Hopefully, it'll be a gamble that pays off in the end and, though more important would be that this animal might pour some interesting new genes into the 'pool' (as I maintain no delusions of becoming wealthy off this project).

Thanks again, and I welcome any and all additional comments.

Trevor

Belly Shot

I was wondering if the belly has the standard checker or something like this?

Attachments

• rubyeyed hypo.jpg
    rubyeyed hypo.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 732
It looks like the saddles were trying to split into individual markings (or vice versa) but never made it...It's neat looking and hopefully it turns out to be a breedable trait(s) and not just a random happenstance or incubator related...Nothing ventured, nothing gained, good luck :)

Wow............

......Trevor.
VERY INTERESTING corn snake.
It would be EXCELLENT if that pattern proves out to be a recessive trait.
The "Shatter" pattern, very cool. :cool:

Keep us informed on your breeding trials.

Walter :crazy02:

Walter Smith said:
Keep us informed on your breeding trials.

You betcha, though it's going to be quite some time before there's anything to report.

I do like your suggestion of calling her pattern 'Shatter' ...seems quite an apt description.

That said, will you expect royalties should I ever adopt this alternate moniker? :)

That pattern looks very nice!
It reminds me of the frostet look, but with more color in it i think.....

She does have a very interesting pattern! And I had thought I had seen it before...not your girl, but in my own collection. Although no where near as extreme as yours, this male has a section with those "H" pattern saddles, as well as a higher saddle count. He's a normal het motley, and his mother was a zigzag, so whatever makes a zigzag may be affecting this guy's pattern a bit.

Last edited:
Here's a belly shot of the Matrix female. I know, it's a really, really bad pic, but it's the best I could manage at the time. She was also in blue, which didn't help matters...

Don't know if it's readily apparent, but most of the black checks have a fleck of orange in the center.

And no, that's not a spinal 'kink' of any sort, it's dinner.

Trevor

Attachments

• matrixbelly4.jpg
    matrixbelly4.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 242
Back