• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Medi Gecko (Hemidactylus turcicus) hatchling help

Teddy Roosevelt

i loev cronsankes
So tonight my cat found something more interesting than his usual cricket or beetle... a Mediterranean house gecko. This guy is TINY! My smallest mealworms are about the length of his entire body. I rescued him from the cat and I was going to just let him go back out into the yard when I noticed one of his legs was broken and slightly bloody. Not sure if it was my cat or something else, but I figured a tiny and injured baby gecko would be an easy dinner for something out there, so I put him in a tupper ware with a very shallow milk lid with some water, and a gatorade lid with a little bit a calcium+D3. My plan is to keep him until his leg improves, but that's probably going to require food, right? So what can I feed him? I'm not even sure if pinhead crix will be small enough for this guy. Anyone with experience?

I've heard of people using wingless fruit flies with the really little guys... In any case, good luck!!

Thank you! I almost couldn't believe it was anything but a bug when I saw him... he can't possibly be even an inch long! In fact, the first thing that stood out on my carpet was the black and white tail, so at first I was scared it was a baby rattler, but I don't think even THEY are even that tiny!

Wow! I can't even imagine such a small baby, lol! I hope he eats and recovers well for you. :)

Thanks Taylor! I bought him the wingless fruit flies today... which, by the way, are QUITE wing-ed and know how to use them... lol. He ate two right away and he will probably eat the other two I gave him later on tonight. Still waiting on the almighty doo-doo to make sure he's on the road to recovery!

Back