• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Merry Hissmas from Lourdes the burm!

cassandra

Got an equally large boa?
Got him out this past weekend for some photos..=)

lourdesdec7_02.jpg

lourdesdec7_01.jpg

lourdesdec7_03.jpg

"You better watch out, you better not squeak!"

lourdesdec7_05.jpg

lourdesdec7_04.jpg

He's looking great! Do you ever let him explore, or go outside (when it's warm) or have him sit on the sofa with you and watch a movie? He just looks so snuggly!! How much does he weigh?

He's looking great! Do you ever let him explore, or go outside (when it's warm) or have him sit on the sofa with you and watch a movie? He just looks so snuggly!! How much does he weigh?
Looks like if he tried to snuggle back, it could get a bit uncomfortable!!

We haven't taken him outside yet as my husband doesn't want to advertise to our neighbors that we have snakes. Not that having snakes is anything to be ashamed about but you never know what kind of close-minded loonies may be living next door and decide to make your life hell cuz they don't like something about you.

Kinda sad perspective, but safe I guess...

I may have to break this rule this coming summer as I'm dying to see if Lourdes would like a swim in his own cheapie kiddy pool. Muwhahahah! We've given him a bath once when he had a bad shed and he hated it, so I dunno...

And I soooo wish Lourdes was a lap snake, just curl up and sit quietly, enjoying a warm lap, but alas, when he is out of his cage, he is a slither MACHINE! At 35lbs and 10.5', he's a handful when he's on the move. The only way you can get him to stop slithering is to hold him while you are standing up as he can't quite figure out how to get down...but holding a 35lb snake gets tiring, hehe. =)

And I soooo wish Lourdes was a lap snake, just curl up and sit quietly, enjoying a warm lap, but alas, when he is out of his cage, he is a slither MACHINE! At 35lbs and 10.5', he's a handful when he's on the move. The only way you can get him to stop slithering is to hold him while you are standing up as he can't quite figure out how to get down...but holding a 35lb snake gets tiring, hehe. =)

Awe that is a tiny lil burm... wait till he gets larger. Our little girl is around 15 feet and over 120 pounds.

one thing I love about python's is there gentleness, I can trust a python from the second I handle it, I would love a burm, they are like giant snakes, yet from what I have read they seem just sooo trustworthy, I have read the fair share of bad reports on them, but it's always (they where feeding live) or (they hand fed) or (they didnt have the right safty things around encase...)

maybe one day..! :D

loverly snakey you have there, great shots :)

Hehe, PASS! I would be perfectly happy if Lourdes never got much bigger...I'll stick with my lithe and sexy male burm. =)

Ha.. never expect a burm to stay small.
Our girl is about 8 years old and we expect more growth from her. How old is your Lourdes?

DSC00100.jpg

one thing I love about python's is there gentleness, I can trust a python from the second I handle it, I would love a burm, they are like giant snakes, yet from what I have read they seem just sooo trustworthy, I have read the fair share of bad reports on them, but it's always (they where feeding live) or (they hand fed) or (they didnt have the right safty things around encase...)

maybe one day..! :D

loverly snakey you have there, great shots :)

George,
I will have to say yes, our snake is a baby and is very gentle. As you can see in the picture there are a lot of people around. She was at a local hands on for a local park. I have no fear of her around children and taking her out to public for an hour at a time for these shows. Especially this one here, it was a nice quiet place where small Children and Elderly got to pet her. The elderly had a hiking club meeting at this time and many of them just loved touching her.

Now here is the kicker, she is a tiger in her cage. I do not dare place my hand or work in her cage while she is still in there. She has a very aggressive feeding response that reminds me of my kings. She eats 10 pound rabbits every month and half (4-6 weeks). I typically need to use a hook for mine. I tap lightly on the head to keep it down and then pull her out of the cage. And 120 + pound snake isn't easy to handle when and if she doesn't want to come out.

I trust mine but those who trust with out caution will always get hurt by accident. This why many cities are creating laws to Ban them here in the US.
Also remember, they are wild animals and will attack with out notice. People tend to forget that and this why we always hear at least one death or serious injury every year in the news.

Ha.. never expect a burm to stay small.
Our girl is about 8 years old and we expect more growth from her. How old is your Lourdes?
Hehe, I know. We fully researched and went into giant ownership with good heads on our shoulders, knowing the average weights and lengths our big yellow baby will become. =)

Lourdes is 5 years old. Your girl is beautiful! =)

"You better watch out!
You better not squeek!
I'll eat you if you're fuzzy and meek.
Lourdes is gulping you down!"

That's a beautiful boy. I didn't realize that males were smaller. What's the average adult size of a male?
Those who may know better, please correct me if I am wrong, but from my research, 12-14' is the average max for males.

Thanks for the compliments guys! =D

Back