• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Montreal Reptile Expo

Putty

French Fries
Well the day has come and left quickly...the show was sort of a dissapointment - not much new and everyone was basically sold out of this year's hatchlings. Oh well. I tried what I called ''photographing'' during my visit but as the pictures will show, I suck.

Most of these were taken through glass or tubs so mind the glare...and the horrible photographer.

Montreal Igloos:
DSCF0504.jpg

Froggies
DSCF0509.jpg

DSCF0510.jpg

Hypo Jungle?
DSCF0511.jpg

Missy here was yawning at me but I was obviously too slow
DSCF0512.jpg

Next show....
DSCF0513.jpg

Interesting...
DSCF0514.jpg

Horrible picture...supposed to be an Axanthic
DSCF0515.jpg

and a little banana
DSCF0516.jpg

Dog with scales
DSCF0523.jpg

Boas
DSCF0524.jpg

Paradox albino...NFS
DSCF0525.jpg

Yeah....
DSCF0531.jpg

I dun like their heads...
DSCF0532.jpg

Sup?
DSCF0534.jpg

Labelled as Cook Boas...look like ATBs to me but I don’t know jack...
DSCF0535.jpg

Lil baby
DSCF0537.jpg

He was mean…
DSCF0539.jpg

Love you...
DSCF0543.jpg

This guy followed me home in my backpack...mom doesn’t know yet, shhhh.

DSCF0546.jpg

DSCF0548.jpg

Friendly little guy – hasn’t even tried to bite.

Great pictures :) I hope to make it to the one in Mississauga in Nov....I haven't been to a reptile expo before, and I'm dying to go.

Great pics Mat. I thought igloos were smaller. Glad to see you have some room to stand up in them.

Your little one is adorable.

Is....is that a normal and an amel for $150? Is that normal?

(mine were free, and $20)

Other than that, nice pick up!

I live in Canada : /

Maybe it's different on the East coast, but from what I hear on reptiles.ca they do their best to keep prices inflated over there *cough*

At least I have some good decently priced morphs available here if I ever feel the need. I like variety of species over variety of colour morphs though.

Lol figures I wouldnt look slightly to the left to make sure you weren't in Canada :p.

No one is really concentrating on corns anymore here, new morphs are rare and the prices seem to stay up high for god knows what reason.

I wasnt disapointed by the show. I just was disappointed about prices,the jaguar carpets were so nice, dumerils too...Emerald was really nice. No GTPs this time. Ill post the picture of my little buddy I got today soon, i love mylittle red striped gargoyle gecko!

Some very nice photos of the show. Looks like someone was parting with some large adult breeders.

Good to hear that many were sold out of their '08 hatchling stock. At least with hatchling stock depleted, the proven adults can hold their value as well. I'm sorry I missed the show due to a death in the family, but each time more and more local vendors are attending and that is good for the hobby's growth.

Thanks for sharing the day with those of us unable to attend.

Ruth

LOL, for reals

Is....is that a normal and an amel for $150? Is that normal?

(mine were free, and $20)

Other than that, nice pick up!
And I really did laugh out loud...!!! I've only been to a couple of reptile expos/shows, where prices were much more reasonable, but seemed to depend to vary on whether the breeder/handler was trying to make a living or just indulging in a hobby (that they were interested in sharing in the spirit of, etc.). In which case the latter usually had rather lower prices than the former.
But,...I have also noticed in my limited experience that prices are higher at shows/expos, and vary very greatly by region.
I'm jealous that you seem to have a ready supply so close.
My youngest sister went to Vancouver for her honeymoon, and said it was beeyooteefull.

yet ANOTHER carpet python aye?
What have me and mike done ;)

Hahaha and believe me its not the last!

And I really did laugh out loud...!!! I've only been to a couple of reptile expos/shows, where prices were much more reasonable, but seemed to depend to vary on whether the breeder/handler was trying to make a living or just indulging in a hobby (that they were interested in sharing in the spirit of, etc.). In which case the latter usually had rather lower prices than the former.
But,...I have also noticed in my limited experience that prices are higher at shows/expos, and vary very greatly by region.
My youngest sister went to Vancouver for her honeymoon, and said it was beeyooteefull.

Those were actually from Port Credit Pet Center, they had various snakes/lizards/frogs/crabs.

Yes! Thanks to someone who has done all us regular-joes a favor and brought up some amazing stock from America. Canada just doesn't seem to have the same amount of breeders working with high end morphs like they do. Or maybe that $150 normal was het for laying golden eggs, who knows.

Vancouver is beautiful! Great nature, and a city that's just the right size. I wouldn't live anywhere else (even though Nova Scotia is pretty nice too)

Yes! Thanks to someone who has done all us regular-joes a favor and brought up some amazing stock from America. Canada just doesn't seem to have the same amount of breeders working with high end morphs like they do. Or maybe that $150 normal was het for laying golden eggs, who knows.

Vancouver is beautiful! Great nature, and a city that's just the right size. I wouldn't live anywhere else (even though Nova Scotia is pretty nice too)

The place selling it was actually a petstore/reptiles store,
So that explains the 150$ for a breeding size adult female right before breeding season ;)

Back