• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

multiple male breding clutch hatched - and was i suprised

limey

hi i am a cornsnakeoholic
Earlier on in the year i mated a male stripe and a male ghost to the same female snow - as you can imagine i was expected to get a few anerythertics (het hypo) and possbly some normals (het stripe). I mated the ghost corn male to the female first and the normal stripe corn second (4 days apart). I was expecting to get mainly anerytheristics or a half and halfy clutch. I now suspect that as with a few other reptile (possibly other animal species) it is the last snake to mate that gets the majority of the eggs fertilized, or at least there may be some form of genetic material combat lol.
Any way the results really supprised me - motleys ! a snow motley and an amel ? plus a normal snow and a normal although both have a little bit of pattern distortion....
i have attached pics of the potential male parents the female and some pictures of all the offsrping together - interestingly there are no anerytheristics (i guess the corn snake god of anerytherism just coudl nt be bothered to show an interest in this clutch :) )

Any way enjoy and let me know waht you think about the possible genetics fo the parents - obivously the female is carring the motley gene but i didnt know it was possible for the stripe by motley to produce such clean looking motleys as for the males well i am guessing the male stripe is het amel and anery - although i suppose the ghost could be het amel het motley but i dont want to even think about that - plus i would'nt get normal motleys would i ?
looks like a few more breeding trials next year :)

Attachments

• arthur230704.jpg
    arthur230704.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 25
  • fixit230704.jpg
    fixit230704.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 32
  • gex230704.jpg
    gex230704.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 2fixgexart230704.jpg
    2fixgexart230704.jpg