• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

my ears are ringing

tat2d1

what a week. saturday i went to chicago to see Velvet Revolver, and end up with VIP skybox seats-which were really nice. then sunday, i go see cheap trick and reo speedwagon. that was a decent show. then last night i go see velvet revolver again. my ears are so plugged feeling with a high pitch squeel going on. glad i took the week off of work.

that's almost the best part about going to shows... :) I just love saying 'huh?' for a week after! heh

hana

Sweet! I miss going to those 'national' shows.. I'm really big into the local scene here in Phoenix right now.. you can actually talk to the local guys, where as it's a little harder to make friends with Nationals.. :shrugs: I'd like to fancy myself as a professional band-meeter, but then I never got paid and it was a pretty lame aspiration looking back on it, but man, did it make me cool to say I knew CrazyTown for a while there! lol.. I've since moved on to much more important things... like breeding cornsnakes :D

Laine

hana said:
that's almost the best part about going to shows... :) I just love saying 'huh?' for a week after! heh

Wut?

I need to get myself to a concert...I haven't been in at least 2 yrs. Yep...a loud one. :D

Last October I saw Queensryche at a small theater here in Clearwater. It was a 2 set show, set one was a "best of" thing and set two was Operation Mindcrime with live actors acting out the scenes! It was very loud and still imbedded in my mind :headbang:
I don't know if any of you are fans of this band, but the opening number was "The Whisper" from Rage For Order, I imagine it was comical to see a guy pushing 50 jump to his feet screaming.........YEAH!!!!!!!!! :cool:

queensryche rawks man! i wish i would've been able to go to the judas priest/ queensryche show this summer.

now i find out that alice cooper is coming to town, but i'll probably have to sit that one out :( oh well, i've seen him twice.

Live shows rule .... I go to as many as I can.

Prefer the smaller venues, much better atmosphere.

Last few I've seen ....

Kid Carpet
The Rakes
Kings of Leon
Yourcodenameis:Milo
JJ72
Willy Mason

Next week going to see:

The Magic Numbers
Sons & Daughters

Considering going to see:

Juliette & The Licks ( Juliette Lewis ..... :licklips: )

Also have tickets to see later on in the year:

Kaiser Chiefs

I wonder how many of those most of you lot on here have ever actually even heard of!

:cheers:

hana said:

I so know what you mean! We went to see Sesame Street on Ice and it rocked! The Cookie Monster guy shreds!

Here's a pic we got backstage at the big party!

Attachments

• cookie.jpg
    cookie.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 92
So...is it ok that I've heard of ABSOLUTELY ZERO of the bands mentioned in this thread?? Do they really exist??

you've never heard of Velvet Revolver? it's 3 guys from guns n roses with the lead singer of stone temple pilots. if you don't know who Cheap Trick and REO are, you need a trip to the RnR hall of fame,LOL. I can just about guarantee you'd know a REO song if it came on your radio.

Ok, yeah, I've heard of REO before, I just must've missed over it in the original post. Guns 'n Roses, yeah heard of them...everyone else...not a clue.

tat2d1 said:
now i find out that alice cooper is coming to town, but i'll probably have to sit that one out :( oh well, i've seen him twice.
Haha, try working for him :D he put on a free concert at his restraunt, CoopersTown.. thank god I was off that night, though I would have been their either way :) He's really nice, and it's awesome to put on my resume that I worked for Alice ;) lol.. though he really only comes in about 2 times a month.. :shrugs:

Laine

DdotSpot said:
So...is it ok that I've heard of ABSOLUTELY ZERO of the bands mentioned in this thread?? Do they really exist??

You've never heard of Cookie Monster??!?? :eek1:

I love a live show as much as you guys. I just went to see Green Day last Friday and was pleasantly surprised. Best pyro show I've seen since Motley Crue in the mid 80's (agreed I was alot younger then, but it was still cool).
I am now coveting the Paul McCartney tickets that I have for October :crazy02:

LOL You guys, hubby's trying to convince me to go to Motley Crue next month, personally I'd rather see Alice . . . since I've seen Motley Crue . . . a looooong time ago . . . I dunno, we're short on funds and time these days so I doubt either will happen. :shrugs:

But I have to say that Queensryche is still just amazing live, we saw them 2 years ago and I saw them in 95. They put on one heck of a show!!! Old or not . . . I always joke that we go to the geriatric rock concerts! :rolleyes:

Now, I'd LOVE to see Cookie Monster live, however, since both my kids are now officially past the Sesame Street phase I don't see that happening either. Oh well, maybe I'll have grandkids someday . . .

CAV said:
You've never heard of Cookie Monster??!?? :eek1:

Doood! I know cookie monster. Actually I snapped a picture of them on tour last year...they TOTALLY rock out!

Bus%20trip%202.jpg

scalesnthings said:
Haha, try working for him :D he put on a free concert at his restraunt, CoopersTown.. thank god I was off that night, though I would have been their either way :) He's really nice, and it's awesome to put on my resume that I worked for Alice ;) lol.. though he really only comes in about 2 times a month.. :shrugs:

Laine

I went to his Cooperstown restaurant in Cleveland last summer. Great food!!! now if he'd only open one in st.louis or chicago, that'd be sweet!!

daisy said:
I love a live show as much as you guys. I just went to see Green Day last Friday and was pleasantly surprised. Best pyro show I've seen since Motley Crue in the mid 80's (agreed I was alot younger then, but it was still cool).
I am now coveting the Paul McCartney tickets that I have for October :crazy02:

I've seen the crue 4 times, the last time being in March on this reunion tour. I saw Green Day in May, and i'm pretty sure Green Day had MORE pyro than the crue. i was really surprised at how great a show they put on. I don't think anyone has more pyro than KISS though. I've seen those guys a couple times, and i swear there were bombs going off the whole show.

colinmcc said:
There seems to be a definite abundance of old-skool metalheads on here .... :rolleyes:

I'll take the old school metal over most of this Nu-Metal crap any day. i like to be able to understand what they're saying. The newer bands i listen to are Sevendust,Mushroomhead,Disturbed,Cold,Velvet Revolver (new band of old-schoolers),Dope, and a handful of others. I absolutely hate Limp Bizkit and any other "rock" band that uses a turntable- that's for rap, IMO.

Most of what i listen to is Guns n Roses (best band of all time, IMO),AC/DC,Judas Priest,Megadeth,Cinderella,Cooper, Crue, and just about anyone else from pre nirvana era (1992).

tat2d1 said:
I went to his Cooperstown restaurant in Cleveland last summer. Great food!!! now if he'd only open one in st.louis or chicago, that'd be sweet!!

Lol, you ain't seen nothin yet! Everyone here always says how the Phoenix CT is 'better' because he lives here and it's the original :shrugs:... lol.. I have no idea if the food in the Ohio one is even the same.. heh.. you would think we'd be more 'in-touch'.. :shrugs: come down to Phoenix.. if you ask for me at the door and I'm working, just mention Cornsnakes.com to me and you'll get 20% off! lol.. it's a new special ;) you just might have to act like my aunt or uncle though.. lol

Laine

Nowt wrong with old-skool metal.

Not especially my cup of tea, but not a genre I have a particular disliking for or anything. Don't mind a spot of AC/DC or some Iron Maiden every now and then.

I'm not into anything specific. I prefer a mixed bag myself. Although, I have to say I'm in agreement about the majority of nu-metal bands. Most are pretty pants and VERY derivative.

I do like SOAD (although, I don't think they'd class themselves as nu-metal .... too theatrical/operatic in style to fall neatly into that category) and some QOTSA stuff is pretty good too.

Kid Capret totally rocks though. Live, he was fantastic. :)

Back