• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

MY first lizard

Putty

French Fries
Edit: Didn't mean to have all of the word "my" capped in the title -oops
Meet Spencer - my Quince Monitor!

Captive bred with all toes and a full tail.
Sorry for the bad pictures - he's quite flighty right now.

IMG_2321.jpg

IMG_2318.jpg

IMG_2316.jpg

IMG_2312.jpg

Awesome! You'll have to keep us updated on how you like him. My brother has asked me about monitors, possibly thinking about getting one but I don't know much about them.

Cool! I love monitors! Many years ago, I seriously thought about getting one. Then I saw one (not sure which kind, except that it WASN'T a Savannah monitor) in a pet store, about 4' long. Something outside of its huge aquarium annoyed or frightened it, and it smacked the glass with its tail. His tail actually broke that thick aquarium glass! After that, I thought, "maybe not....." :)

Cool! I love monitors! Many years ago, I seriously thought about getting one. Then I saw one (not sure which kind, except that it WASN'T a Savannah monitor) in a pet store, about 4' long. Something outside of its huge aquarium annoyed or frightened it, and it smacked the glass with its tail. His tail actually broke that thick aquarium glass! After that, I thought, "maybe not....." :)

HAHA^^

That's a big monitor

How adorable! Never heard of a Quince Monitor before. How big will he get? I love monitors, and have been seriously looking into dwarf monitors lately... Especially those that won't get any bigger than my bearded dragons, like Kimberley and Pilbara Rock Monitors.

Congrats, and thanks for sharing!!

my brother in law has a female savannah monitor named johnny deathjaws.

nice monitor though

They get around 80-120cm long including the tail. He's about 5 inches of body and 6 inches of tail right now.

I'm busy building out his more permanent home - should be done this weekend..

IMG_2334.jpg

IMG_2327.jpg

Back