• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My Hatchling/Yearling Rack Pt.I

Dale

Interventions won't work
OK, early stages, but it's not going to get much fancier than what you see. 12 tub rack with 22" long tubs. Longer than I would like them wide, but, after a while I realized that the extra length gives them more survive-ability should a heat mishap ever occur. Still torn on the heat setup, but I'm leaning towards rear rather than belly. I love the tubs, they are high quality poly0carb and are crystal clear... and I got them for $1 (plus shipping) in lots of 6. VERY pleased with that considering clear polycarb anything are not easy to come by cheap.

I had been holding out for the longest time for some PVCX sheeting rather than the wood shelving, but well, I'm impatient like a child so here we are. I can always rebuild later.

Attachments

• rack.jpg
    rack.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 122
Looks good - love the tubs. From experience we have seen that belly heat seems better than rear heat for digestive purposes. We have rear heat on one of our racks and belly heat on the others.

I've done it all, belly, rear, and none. The only time there was a noticeable difference for me was when I was keeping in PA. Obviously ambient temps were less than ideal there, so belly heat did seem better. Here in FL, I think the ambient natural temps really negate the necessity for deciding between the 2, my only concern is reducing the risk of mishaps. That said, rear heat gets the slight nod. Not a huge deal to me, but I'll admit, flex watt freaks me out a little considering i havent had an issue yet... law of averages and all that.

@Heather- PM on its way

Rear heat w/11" flex would be a thought. RBI and others will sell you pre-wired cut to length pretty cheap.

Back