• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My normal okeetee pics

Camberwell

Good day all,

these are my latest pics

dscf4066.jpg

dscf4060.jpg

dscf4068.jpg

Thanks
Martin

I wont bore you all with tons of pics of the same snake, so here's one more basking, and I'll post more when it sheds :)

dscf4084.jpg

?

Looks like a normal to me, I don't see anything about that snake that says okeetee. JMHO, of course.

Joejr14 said:
?

Looks like a normal to me, I don't see anything about that snake that says okeetee. JMHO, of course.

I agree with Joe. Nice normal however. :cheers:

Of course, it could be from Hunt club parents :) I was at a show a couple of weeks ago and one table had Okeetees that didn't have real thick borders, but the parents were of Kathy Love stock and Hunt club stock. They even knew what I meant when I asked the question :D

Oh sorry guys, I thought that okeetee was like the standard morph and all the others were man made creations, so I thought okeetee was just "normal" since on here I saw some people talking about "normals"

So whats mine then??

Well there's really no such thing as a 'man-made' creation since all the cornsnake genes we have are directly from wild caught snakes, or they popped up in a collection.

For example, bloodreds came from WC parents in northeastern Florida. Anerys and charcoals are from southwestern Florida. Caramels are directly from a wc individual that was purchased in a south florida pet store.

Sunkisseds came out of Kathy Love's line of okeetees that are descendants from the Hunt Club in South Carolina. Lava holds a very similar story.

In any event, 'okeetees' based on the locality definition are snakes that are/were captured from the Hunt Club, or are descendants from those snakes. The other 'okeetees' are based on a look, which would be a vibrant red background and saddles with thick black borders.

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15389&stc=1

Last edited:
Joejr14 said:
In any event, 'okeetees' based on the locality definitionsnakes. The other 'okeetees' are based on a look, which would be a vibrant red background and saddles with thick red borders.

thick RED borders? Must have been smokin somethin when you wrote that...should be thick BLACK borders...like this one...

Attachments

• 10-15-06Edmundx4.jpg
    10-15-06Edmundx4.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 57
Back