• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My own mystery...

doovoo

Inconsequential.
Perhaps I'm just too much of a neophyte to see this for what it truly is, but any sage observations and input would be most welcome.

This snake was sold to me as an '06 'high pink' Lavender Motley, and until his last shed, I thought nothing more of the matter. However, having him out today (cage cleaning) with the sun accentuating his true colors, it broke upon me that he dosn't look entirely like any other Lavender Motley that I've seen personally.

Thereby, look at the images and decide for yourself. Though he does have a lavender/gray background coloration, his pinks (and now oranges) are just getting brighter. Too, he already has an extraordinary amount (from my understanding) of yellow starting to appear from his chin and running nearly the entire length of his body (lower half). His belly is plain, with no marks whatsoever. My camera sucks, but if you look closely enough, you'll (hopefully) see what I mean.

So if I am indeed merely much ado about nothing, tell me. Otherwise, have at it with the speculation.

Thanks!

Trevor

Attachments

• lavendermotley3.jpg
    lavendermotley3.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 198
  • lavendermotley2.jpg
    lavendermotley2.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 199
Woops, those are his baby pics.

Here are the ones from today.

Attachments

• lavender3.JPG
    lavender3.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 196
  • lavender2.JPG
    lavender2.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
I could be cheeky and say someone sold you an incredible pastel motley as a lavender mot.

OR my second guess would be ultra in the mix? But have there ever been ultra lavender motleys produced? Is it possible.

Whatever he is, he is lovely!

I don't know enough about lavender and it's variations to comment too much on that side BUT I will say that he looks alot like one of my boys... the "shade" and "tone" of the browner colouration is very similar to what my guy looks like in real life...(he was sold to me as an Anery Motley just by the by!) :santa: NOT suggesting that that's what your guy is of course! Their colours are just very similar!

Attachments

• 31.01.072.jpg
    31.01.072.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 192
Sorry, not a great pic of my guy but trust me, in real life, his colour is very similar to yours...lol

Tula_Montage said:
I could be cheeky and say someone sold you an incredible pastel motley as a lavender mot.

OR my second guess would be ultra in the mix? But have there ever been ultra lavender motleys produced? Is it possible.

I suppose that it could be a Pastel Motley, but again, it doesn't really look exactly like any of those I've seen either.

The Ultra gene had played into my thoughts as well, but I supposed my assessment to be mere wishful thinking than anything else.

Trevor

Velvet said:
Whatever he is, he is lovely!

I don't know enough about lavender and it's variations to comment too much on that side BUT I will say that he looks alot like one of my boys... the "shade" and "tone" of the browner colouration is very similar to what my guy looks like in real life...(he was sold to me as an Anery Motley just by the by!) :santa: NOT suggesting that that's what your guy is of course! Their colours are just very similar!

Wow, they do look quite similar. Lovely little boy you've got there, and no worries on the pic (he represents well regardless).

:)

Thanks doovoo! I love him to bits! He is a very nice-natured snake too, hardly been handled when I got him at 6months but he has never struck at me or anything of that sort! :santa:

Perhaps a dilute hypo of some sort?

I did find an image elsewhere of a hypo dilute anery motley (say that three times fast), and it looks fairly close.

Though after looking at it again, that other snake's overall coloration is more of a lavender/slate, my little guy retains a more pinkish/orange cast.

Don't know...

Regardless, it'll be interesting to see the next few sheds.

tsthompson said:
I like the Hurricane markings. :)

Thanks!

I had been reluctant to call him a Hurricane, for that always seemed to be such a subjective determination (whether it's a Hurricane or just a really clean Motley). But I'm glad to know that someone else sees him as such.

Back