• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

my snakes first shed

nellyp

hi im new iv had mickey for 9 weeks and he as just had his 1st shed can any one tell me how long i have to wait till i feed him next and handle him please

You can wait a day, or feed him right away. He's okay to handle any time after he sheds.

I don't think it would matter too much as long as the humid box stays clean and he's not in it all the time, I personally don't use one, my corns are on cypress with a lot of fake plants and I mist their enclosure occasionally, so far I've not had a shedding problem yet. We do live in a naturally humid area as well so that helps.

vivarium

Hi Im new to this site so not too sure what Im doing :/
I bought my corn snake home on 31st Aug (it hatched on july 11th) so is still quite small, in a small plastic tub which the breeder has kept it in. I was wondering how soon I could let it go into the viv which I have bought, its just over 2ft long (the viv) or should I keep it in the tub a while longer? at present it is in the tub with the lid on, partly on a heatmat within the viv. Any feedback would be appreciated

Welcome Lesa. You should really start your own thread with your questions. It makes it easier to find and something like this is considered a "Hijacking" of someone else's thread, considered a bit rude in on forums.

At the top left of the subforum Husbrandry and Basic Care, is a blue button titled "New Thread", click on it and start you thread with your questions.

Also, it would be great to read the FAQ here -> http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28341

Best of luck

Back