• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Need an ID, think seller sent wrong snake!

DLena

Corns are goram shiny!
I saw an adult Miami corn for sale from Big Apple Herps on You Tube and bought her. She arrived yesterday and looked very different from the video and the description of a Miami on Kathy Love's site (Gray background, dark red spots, black checking on underside) Here is the YouTube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYY1hK0egCE[/URL][/YOUTUBE]

I contacted Big Apple this afternoon, sent them pics (see below) and they said it was the same snake...possibly she shed between making of video and her purchase by me...as an answer to the difference is appearance.

Is this the same snake? If not, what is she?
side belly.jpg

back side head.jpg

Can you get a top view of the whole snake, and a large photo, so that I can compare the markings on your snake to the one in the video? The color is DEFINITELY off even for the snake supposedly shedding between video and purchase.

Not even close to the same snake. That's a pretty typical classic. Adults don't change color that dramatically in a single shed.

Try to compare the size and shape and number of actual saddles/markings on the snake in the video and your snake. I can't do that from your pictures. The colors do not look the same. The snake you picture looks normal in color to me. It should be relatively easy to prove or disprove if it is a different snake from the markings.

P.S. Added to say: I was watching the YouTube and writing this when the previous posts went up. Didn't mean to just repeat what they just said.

And in my opinion, no, you did not get a Miami Phase corn snake. The color of yours is nothing like what is in the video. And it can't be blamed on the animal being in shed, because you can clearly see that the eyes are clear not blue as they would be if full opaque.

If you think this is going to result in an issue with the place you bought it from, please take the discussion to the Board of Inquiry forum on FaunaClassifieds.com.

I've heard pretty bad things about them as well... Definitely looks like they sent you a different snake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monitors/screens/filters can vary colors so much. That being said I would of agreed that it is not the same snake. Also LLL is the last company I would come to their defense.
BUT I jumped back and forth between your pics and their video and I did find few markings that appear to be the same on both snakes.
You need to do a pattern comparison as suggested :)

Edited to add; I got no clue why I said LLL !!!

Last edited:
The company is Big Apple Herps, not LLL, and I am going to have a problem with them. The snake arrived Thursday. Per their site, I called them within 1 business day. I was first told it was too late, then told to send pics. I sent pics and was emailed by Gina, the sales rep I spoke with on the phone to verify the Video snake was available, with whom I placed the order. She said it was the Miami. I said the coloring was totally wrong, that this snake is very orange with bright spots (phone autocorrected from saddles) and the underside checks were yellowish and black. I said Miami's are a dark gray to almost pewterish background with dark reddish saddles, with just black checks. I was corrected in an email from their CEO, Steven Spitz, stating Miamis' are valued for their bright orange coloring. The offer was made for me, because I don't like the snake, to return it Overnight Priority at my cost and they would waive the restock fee. There is no mention of a restock fee in their fine print and this is the wrong item so I should not lose a penny. At this rate, I don't believe they would be truthful as to its condition upon arrival back to them. I am going to post full body shots this afternoon and post on Fauna Classified's BOI as well.
I feel bad for the snake. She seems very sweet. But I wanted something different. Could people tell me what she'd cost? If there's a price difference between a common and a Miami adult female and I just keep her, I would want the difference refunded. I paid $119.99 plus $39.95 shipping for an adult female Miami.

The company is Big Apple Herps, not LLL, and I am going to have a problem with them. The snake arrived Thursday. Per their site, I called them within 1 business day. I was first told it was too late, then told to send pics. I sent pics and was emailed by Gina, the sales rep I spoke with on the phone to verify the Video snake was available, with whom I placed the order. She said it was the Miami. I said the coloring was totally wrong, that this snake is very orange with bright spots (phone autocorrected from saddles) and the underside checks were yellowish and black. I said Miami's are a dark gray to almost pewterish background with dark reddish saddles, with just black checks. I was corrected in an email from their CEO, Steven Spitz, stating Miamis' are valued for their bright orange coloring. The offer was made for me, because I don't like the snake, to return it Overnight Priority at my cost and they would waive the restock fee. There is no mention of a restock fee in their fine print and this is the wrong item so I should not lose a penny. At this rate, I don't believe they would be truthful as to its condition upon arrival back to them. I am going to post full body shots this afternoon and post on Fauna Classified's BOI as well.
I feel bad for the snake. She seems very sweet. But I wanted something different. Could people tell me what she'd cost? If there's a price difference between a common and a Miami adult female and I just keep her, I would want the difference refunded. I paid $119.99 plus $39.95 shipping for an adult female Miami.

In reference to the highlighted comment above, sorry, but that just is not true at all. At least not by anyone who truly knows corn snakes.

I would suggest that you take some better pics for the BOI so that the pattern can be easily compared between the two animals in question.

That's nice that you are considering the snake. She shouldn't have to "pay" because they sent the wrong snake, and the refund process is questionable.

I took a few more pictures of Gypsy (my new classic corn) for comparison with the snake in the video. The ventral pattern does not match at all. The saddle pattern, note the "x" shaded saddle on the Miami, does not match either.
What would I feed a corn this large? She weighs 965 grams and appears to be a little over 4 feet in length. She is incredibly sweet and seems very healthy. Obviously I'm not sending her back. I just can't.

Gypsy resize ventral.jpg

Gypsy resize saddles.jpg

Gypsy resize full length.jpg

Miami resize ventral.png

Miami resize saddles.png

I can't match the x or joined saddle from the video to your snake. Your snake has a joined saddle on that side but part of it is pointy. The checkers look different to me too.

Now for the hard part. She looks much closer to the coloring of the video snake in this set of your pictures. It can be a so hard to get accurate color comparisons. That said I still think her background color looks slightly more tan.

I'm glad you want to keep her. She's stunning no matter what. The only questions for me now is was this the snake they represented and did you pay too much?

Best wishes. I love her and I've only seen pictures!

What would a corn like this sell for? I paid $119.99 plus shipping. She is lovely and her temperament is amazing. I've named her Gypsy. What should she eat and how often? The Munson Plan says female snakes over 400 grams should get one mouse, 40-50 gram size, once a week. about this because Gypsy is 965 grams. Thank you for responding. You are always so nice on the forum.

A 40-50 gram mouse is gigantic. I would feed a medium adult mouse once every two weeks. A 24-30 gram mouse. I'm glad you're keeping her. There's no way to put a monetary value on her. About $100 for a super-sweet mature adult seems reasonable.

These saddles look the same to me :shrugs:

Attachments

• Miami resize saddles.png
    Miami resize saddles.png
    336.7 KB · Views: 74
  • Gypsy resize full length.jpg
    Gypsy resize full length.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
I took a few more pictures of Gypsy (my new classic corn) for comparison with the snake in the video. The ventral pattern does not match at all. The saddle pattern, note the "x" shaded saddle on the Miami, does not match either.
What would I feed a corn this large? She weighs 965 grams and appears to be a little over 4 feet in length. She is incredibly sweet and seems very healthy. Obviously I'm not sending her back. I just can't.

View attachment 190643

Can you take some close up pics of the tail? It looks kind of long to me to be a female. Since they were wrong about it being a Miami Phase, don't rule out them being wrong about the sex of it as well.

Rich, Here are 3 tail shots. And I did post to the BOI earlier this evening. Thank you, everyone, for the input. Good thing s/he's so placid, or I'd be joining the Bite Club by now! :awcrap:
top tail.jpg

side tail.jpg

ventral tail.jpg

Back