• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Need Some Advice

RoseRed

So a week before Thanksgiving I bought 2 hypo Plasma's from a snake breeder in Florida (I'll with hold the name). The problem is I have not received them yet.

The first time it was because he couldn't ship them because of Thanksgiving, ok that sounded valid.

I told him that I could only receive them on Thursdays because of college, so some days he proposed I turned down since I would be in class.

The second attempt he didn't do because he was out of heat packs, which I was glad he didn't send them because I didn't want them to freeze.

The other times it was because it was too cold in my area to ship them.

I even talked to him on the phone Friday and it was agreed that he would ship them tonight and I would receive them tomorrow, but when I emailed him inquiring about the tracking number I have not gotten an answer. Granted there is still time today for him to email me the tracking number, but with the past history failed shipments I am starting to get suspicious.

I am wondering what to do. I am thinking that if he doesn't send them this time to ask for a refund, because it has been three weeks and I have not received them. But then again I may be being too hasty. I need some advice. :eek:.

I should also add that I have to keep emailing him/calling to get an answer most of the time.

If you paid with paypal or a credit card you should be able to get your funds returned. That's completely unacceptable behavior from a seller, but things do happen so hopefully you'll be lucky and it will arrive tomorrow. If not, get your money and add an entry to the BOI to help others avoid them in the future.

Normally, I would be very patient about having snakes sent December-February. There are storms, cold weather fronts, and each other's schedules to deal with. 3 weeks isn't very long when you only can accept packages on Thursdays, and one of them was Thanksgiving.

I checked to BOI and there was 1 positive entry. They have a FB page as well and other buyers seemed to be happy.

Thanks guys this calms my nerves. I'll see what happens tomorrow and if they don't arrive I'll call him and see what is happening.

Another thing to keep in mind... both times I've purchased a snake and had it shipped to me, the seller did not send out the snake until pretty much the last minute the day of shipping. I'm assuming that's for a few reasons, one being FedEx probably does their pick ups later in the day and another being the later in the day the shipping process is started, the shorter the snake has to be packed up and in transit.

I hope that makes sense and above all, I hope you get your healthy/happy snakes on your doorstep (or nearest FedEx location... lol) tomorrow.

Good luck! :)

This is very true. I don't take mine till later in the day. Depending on temps not till right at the end. However I do generally process my labels the night before or in the morning so you have the tracking number before hand then just tell the buyer don't be surprised if you don't see the snake as received till late.

I do my shipping as late as possible to minimize time in the box. What concerns me here is the lack of communication from the seller. That being said, there haven't been too many Thursdays since Thanksgiving and weather and schedules could be a factor. I'd give it time, but I do hope the seller keeps up communication.

Did you give them an email for fedex tracking updates? Keep calm. I would say its not a good thing to keep your customers in the dark. Hopefully nothing bad happened I know situations can come up. I have been there in my early days of getting into this hobby a few hours and or days can feel like an eternity when waiting for a response. I hope everything goes good and turns out good.

Update: So I thought when he said Tuesday that was going to be the arrival date, but it was the shipping date. So they will arrive Wednesday, which works out better for me anyway. A possible bad miscommunication worked out, thankfully (I'm not sure if he said wrong or I heard wrong, either way it worked out and I have learned some lessons during this experience).

Oh when they arrive there will be an unboxing/introduction video I will upload to YouTube and post here. They are part of a pretty bit breeding project I am planning (but you will have to wait until they get here ;) )

Oh I can see how that could get mixed up. That is I always say ship Tuesday for Wednesday pick up or what ever days just so there isn't confusion.

{Update} The snakes have arrived, but I am appauled by the shipping. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think hand warmers should be used as a heat pack. The shipper used Hot Hands-2 by Heat Max and I looked them up and the longest one lasts for 10 hours. I will note that there was a delay with shipping because of FedEx but that has nothing to do with how he packed them. Even without the delay, the heat packs would have been ice cold if there was no delay, since they only last 10 hours max. Furthermore, there was no insulation in the box.

Here is a video of the unboxing

Here is a video of me going over the shipping

This is no way to ship snakes.

I am seriously worried about the male, he is staying in one spot in his tub and not moving, not even to go into a hide and he was the least responsive of the two (when I first saw him I thought he was dead).

Everything with shipping is wrong. There is no insulated box inside of that box. Hand warmers are not a proper form of heat because for one as you know they don't last long enough and for two their peak heat is way to hot. The third thing I noticed that was a huge no no is that they snakes were shipped two day (looking at the label) which I know some have done but it is against our contracts for those of us certified to ship. I would contact the seller ASAP and let them know the state that those snakes arrived.

Sorry I didn't watch the 2nd video and only watched half of the first so you already knew everything that I posted. lol

Umm I thought you stated that you bought 2 hypo plasma's those snakes clearly have belly checkers. Was that a different purchase?

Back