• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

NEW BABIES - most anticipated of 2013! Need help though

Is this a Charcoal Tessera, or Pewter Tessera?

First pic is kinda dark:
IMG_7396_zpsa4027833.jpg

Better representation of colors:
IMG_7403_zps9243eb0f.jpg

Tessera belly on the left:
IMG_7400_zps9e254667.jpg

Whatcha think?

Last edited:
I vote charcoal tessera. The diffused tessera I remember seeing a picture of did have reduced latterals because of being homozygous diffused.

I wonder if it will be easier to see after the shed- if the belly scales will opacify more.

I think y'all are right! The one thing that's confusing me though is this photo. The side pattern

Q95nlqp.jpg

Other Bloodred tesseras have no side pattern. Natural variation, I guess!

Just got home and checked the bin, CHECK IT OUT, you WERE right! THIS is a Pewter Tessera! 1.0! :D:dancer::dancer::dancer:

IMG_7413_zps3391ad1a.jpg

IMG_7412_zps54c99f69.jpg

IMG_7410_zps8be9322b.jpg

The very first TRI-GENE snake to ever be produced here at Squamish Serpents!!

IMG_7409_zpsa28ba6a6.jpg

IMG_7408_zpsd0ce1fb4.jpg

Thank you everyone, I'm so over the moon! Best Friday EVER! Dave and I are going to have some beers to celebrate/pass the time until we check the egg box again, lol. I usually look in morning, night, and once during the day if I get really impatient, lol.

Oh congrats!!! Ive been fond of tesseras but THOSE!!!...would make a nice addition to my collection :D (lol...I wish!)

Back