• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New Crestie and Question

I had three Cresties but lost two of them a few months ago. One never ate properly and the other I just found dead one morning. I love Cresties and was sad only having one around so I bought this boy as my birthday present to myself. I am in love with him already he is so cute.

I have a question about his head and crest though, it looks weird to me. Does it look weird to anyone else? If anyone thinks they know what it's from or what it is let me know.

This is the picture the owner sent me and as you can see his head doesn't look weird here.

IMG_0972.jpg

These are my pictures from today.

DSC_0008-3.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0001-3.jpg

It does look strange. Could be scar tissue. Is he missing most of his tail or is it just hidden in all the pictures?

Bekers is the expert on cresties here, I think. I bet she could sort out what's going on with the little cutie's head.

Looks like he's been pretty beat up by a few or more other geckos ( like the breeder said probably males), they tend to nip at the head and tail. He's a nice boy, but honestly I'd be a little upset if a breeder sent me that first pic and then I got that poor boy, beat up, at the very least I'd ask for most ( or all) of my money back and consider an FYI, or more BOI thread. It's hard to tell from the pics, but are the wounds healed because you may need to treat him? I'm not sure if the pigment will come back, but the head fringe/crests, won't grow back. Good Luck with the poor guy, he looks like a good boy :)

Looks like he's been pretty beat up by a few or more other geckos ( like the breeder said probably males), they tend to nip at the head and tail. He's a nice boy, but honestly I'd be a little upset if a breeder sent me that first pic and then I got that poor boy, beat up, at the very least I'd ask for most ( or all) of my money back and consider an FYI, or more BOI thread. It's hard to tell from the pics, but are the wounds healed because you may need to treat him? I'm not sure if the pigment will come back, but the head fringe/crests, won't grow back. Good Luck with the poor guy, he looks like a good boy :)

I am by far no expert but I agree 100% with the quote above. I too would be upset and demand monies back. That first pics shows a good looking healthy gecko. But he is far from looking like that pic. Poor little guy. Good luck with him and let us know how this turns out.

I agree, looks like someone chewed his crests off. Also agree that it wasn't exactly well done of the breeder not to at least mention to you that, "Oh, by the way, he got in to a fight & his crests are pretty messed up. Do you still want him?"
It looks fairly new but healed to me, from the pics at least. Have to keep us updated on him!

Thanks everyone, it does appear that he was beat up. They also appear to be healed, there aren't any open wounds just scaring but I'm going to keep an eye on him to make sure nothing is infected.

I don't mind the scaring, he is stilll pretty but I'm not happy that the breeder didn't say anything and that he kept him in with males that were beating him up. I hope he eats otherwise I'll be really ticked.

Back