• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New Dinosaurs and creepy crawlers

Putty

French Fries
Picked up two ackies a couple weeks ago...and then a third bigger female at the recent show...as well as some feeder roaches for all these buggers

Custom made viv for the dinos:
IMG_2909.jpg

IMG_2890.jpg

IMG_2901.jpg

IMG_2895.jpg

IMG_2892.jpg

The bigger female:
IMG_2905.jpg

Female Dubia Roach:
IMG_2908.jpg

Aaaaaaannnddd the blue tail reaching 27'' from the 15'' a few months back when I first got her:
IMG_2889.jpg

Did you know there's a really good article about ackies in the current Reptiles magazine?? They look so interesting!!

Did you know there's a really good article about ackies in the current Reptiles magazine?? They look so interesting!!

Haven't read it yet. We get our magazines a little late here I guess with our govt mail.

I can tell you that I am in LOVE with their character. Much more curious and out-going than tree monitors. They don't run at the sight of hands and take food offered by fingers delicately as well.

I'm hoping I have a 1.2 going so we shall see later on if I ever get eggs. Debating finding some Kimberly Rock Monitors and maybe getting a pair of those as well. It never ends.

That's a huge cage for their sizes right now. They look so cute! And, I love the cage.

Thanks, most of it is plywood in the back etc, but the front is cheap pine (no maple left) inlaid with walnut/cherry and some red oak. As far as size goes they have a lot of room to move around, but if I had the time right now I'd even move them into my blue-tail's viv and move her out ( 6x4x3). Given that I know I have 1.1 for sure I can't be certain about the other being male or female and fighting for room/heat etc later on.

Back