• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New Ipad - What to download... :)

starsevol

Cohabbing is cruelty...
Any other Appleheads out there, what are your favorite downloadsd? What games are good? I like the games with really crisp graphics that are interactive mysteries especially. So many thousands of apps to look at is making me overwhelmed !

Any other Appleheads out there, what are your favorite downloadsd? What games are good? I like the games with really crisp graphics that are interactive mysteries especially. So many thousands of apps to look at is making me overwhelmed !

We'll never see Beth again!!! LOL

Sorry babe, no good suggestions here. I do play Glow puzzle and Flow free and my daughter play Bike Race against each other. But thats not you thing.

Darlin' I KNEW you would not be any help!
Also, good games that don't require internet connection would also be appreciated. No wifi at work and during downtime playing on here would not piss off my boss.

Yup, LOVE her!! :)

Remind me this weekend to tell you all the things she can do.

Set a timer for 10 minutes.

Remind me to __________ when I get home.

Remind me to __________ at _______ (time).

Text my boyfriend.

Launch __________ (app).

What is the closest Chinese restaurant?

Last edited:
Checkout Snapguide - ppl post how to guides on a zillion different things. I've gotten addicted to it looking at all of the cool crafts/recipes/everything else people do.

Beth, have you looked at Reptile Scan yet? I have been using it for several months. I first used the lite version for 99 cents. I set up all my snakes in the desktop version. I had RS on my iPhone, but I didn't really get much functionality out of it until I generated and printed the QR codes for them all. Now I use my phone (you'd use your iPad) when feeding- scan the QR, enter a feeding, scan again, enter the weight. You can also enter sheds, breedings, etc. The desktop version is _wonderful_ for a big layout of data on each individual animal, and the mobile version is how you get their activities in, fast. I bought the paid version, $25, a couple months ago, and it has been very, very nice. The cost was worth it to me. It seems like you're the type of person who would enjoy having all your snake records with you, wherever you went! Imagine vending at Daytona, or anywhere in FL, and being able to provide the required documentation to FWS without having to print out mounds of papers.

One app I highly recommend is Zinio. And- Kindle. And- iTunes audio books.

Zinio is a magazine reader. You subscribe and then magazines get delivered to your iPad. Kindle is the on-line book reader. You buy the books from Amazon. There are _tons_ of books available. Unfortunately, not a lot of reptile books, but a few. iTunes also has books, but not as huge a selection as Kindle/Amazon.

People always say the Kindle device is miles ahead of iPad for reading a book, but the iPad is amazing for magazines.

Last edited:
Another must-have app is Flipboard. It has a wonderful layout. You select "pages" you are interested in, and subscribe to them. Like, you can subscribe to an individual Facebook user (I have my daughter and BHB on there). Just get it, and explore the things on it. There are a bunch of bicycling sections.

Evernote is a must-have utility. How it works is, you get an account. You can then log in on your PC, or wherever. But say you're on your PC. You see a recipe you like. You just copy it, paste it, photos and all, into Evernote. Then, weeks or months later, you take your iPad into the kitchen and there's your recipe! You can save documents on it, web pages about anything, etc. you'd get a much better idea of its functionality by reading their page. But trust me, just get it.

I like to have a good bird field guide. I originally had iBird Pro, but it has a bunch of different levels, so you are continually being asked to upgrade for more and more and more. I like Peterson Birds of North America. Angela likes Sibley and says that's the ornithologists' favorite. I'd love to have both.

Last edited:
Weather apps. I have TONS of them. I have ~350 apps on my iPhone, and moe that have been kicked out to make space. (The cool thing is, once you buy it, it's yours, whether it's on your device or not, and it's almost _always_ available on all your current and future devices, too. The exception being if it has a separate iPad-specific version, sometimes you have to buy both).

My absolute favorite forecasting app is Dark Sky. It tells you what the temp is now. It has a graph at the top that shows likelihood of rain for the next hour. It can be set to warn you when rain is about to start! It is VERY accurate. You can use it while traveling too- it detects your location.

Second favorite is Fahrenheit. It shows the current temp as a notification (red circle) on the app, without opening the app. It has a simple six-day view, which scrolls to ten, and expands when touched. You can set as many locations as you want, and flip through them. I use it extensively for shipping snakes, for watching temps here, in Memphis, and at the destination.

Weather On is an app that I never open. I have it set to deliver my daitly forecast at 5AM. It pops up the forecast, I read it. Love it.

Umbrella is similar. You touch it and it has a simple Yes or No answer to Do I need to take my umbrella? I have mine set to alert me at 5AM if I need to take my umbrella that day. It is decently accurate for yes, and VERY accurate for no.

I have two favorite radar apps. Radar Pro has the fastest updates. If you are watching severe weather, it has the most current info. But it's hard to look at. Radar US is my go-to radar app.

Lightning Finder is fun, but it requires a subscription, yearly. But it's cool to see all the lightning strikes close to my house.

Tornado is free and it will alert you to bad weather.

Last edited:
You have to try the game Killer Snake. I understand there are a lot more levels since I first played it! You can play through without buying coins, but I did, because the profits go to venom research.

Nanci, thank you! I already have some of those from your list before but there are a few more you just mentioned that I will have to check out!

Back