• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New Snake Excitement!

HVani

Ok so I don't have her yet but I just paid for a female Blue Eyed Leucistic Ball Python. I have wanted one for ages and I finally pulled the trigger. Nothing gets me like a pure white snake!

My "must own" snake list is getting shorter:

Red Tail Boa: Check
BRB: Check
Extreme Okeetee Corn: Check
Now, BEL: Check!

Now I'm not even sure what is left. I guess white lipped python, snow hognose and green tree python. But it doesn't look like any of those will happen.

Anyway my BEL (Super Lesser) will be here in a month. The breeder is going to try and get her on frozen for me. We'll see. Anyway I hopefully have a picture by this weekend. She just ate yesterday and the breeder didn't want to bother her. She's had 6 meals so far. I'm pretty excited and had to tell someone!

For anyone not familiar with the morph

1414349397.jpg

Wow... that is amazing. A white cornsnake is on my list of "future babies." I can only hope to find a corn as white as your python with such pretty eyes <3

Can't wait to see her. I want a boa version :)

Me too! Wouldn't that be amazing?

I wanted a pure white snake without red eyes. I couldn't find a cron morph that worked so I looked at a couple other options. Leucistic texas rat snakes look nice but 1) they can be bug eyed and 2) They have a lot of attitude.

I wanted a snake that could be handled. I saw some pictures of pure white pine snakes but could never nail down what morph or where to get one. They seem to be few and far between.

Along the search I kept looking at BELs and in the end I decided to go that route.

I think these guys are amazing.. it's a morph I have had my eyes on... BUT when I looked at it a few years back they were 3-4 k a pop...

Wow, I'm not usually a fan of ball pythons (too accustomed to my skinny corns, so they always look "fat" to me, lol), but that snake is GORGEOUS!!! A snake like that could actually possibly change my mind about owning a ball python, lol.

They have come down in price quite a bit. The ball python market is so saturated and prices drop quickly on morphs.

Yeah I have heard that breeders no longer earn money on them as they used to. I see a ton of collections for sale for less than half they were a few years ago. May be a good thing as then people who cares will have them as opposed to people for the wrong reasons hoping for a quick buck..

I have been hoping BELs would go a bit lower in price before I bought one. The problem is breeders are not breeding them much anymore. BELs are considered to by some to be a dead end morph, meaning you can't keep adding more and more genes to create crazy new morphs. So many breeders have moved on to the latest and greatest morphs.

Thought I throw this in......

The original leucistic. Snowflake, eastern Diamondback caught near Ft. Pierce Florida, circa 1983. Kept by Bill Love.

Attachments

• Snowflake.jpg
    Snowflake.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 33
Love!!

Leucistic rattlesnakes are just gorgeous! I would love a solid white hognose since to me they look so much like a tiny rattlesnake. I think right now a snow is as close as you can get but they cost big $$$

Back