• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New to Corn Snakes, and in love already!

wyocornsnaker

This is my first corn snake, I have had for a couple of weeks. Not really sure what type it is, as they did not know at the pet store. I love the current coloring and can not wait to the colors change. I hope to get to the reptile show in Denver in May. I would like to get a bloodred some day. I have not named this snake yet, as I would like to get to know it better.

Attachments

• sneaky.JPG
    sneaky.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 201
  • sneaky2.JPG
    sneaky2.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 198
  • sneaky3.JPG
    sneaky3.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 197
  • sneaky4.JPG
    sneaky4.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 197
Hiya Wiyo

what a beautiful snake and welcome to the forum. I don't know what kind of corn that is, I'm new to them myself but you came to the right place. This is a great forum and great people on it. Very good advice and very nice people on here. It's really late but I'm sure someone will be along soon to tell you what that is. Thanks for sharing the pics, she's gorgeous whatever kind she is!! Welcome again...

Lil. :)

That is a gorgeous RO (reverse okeetee)!!!! Congrats! And the expo in Denver is great, you should definitely go if you ever have the chance!

Thats an Amelanistic Corn, if it keeps those thick white borders into adult hood then it'll be a beautiful Reverse Okeetee, cool snake ;)

Hi, Wyo? Neat snake, I've seen a few like that on this site and I like the way the colors stand out.
This is a very good place to learn about your snake. Read the whole site if you can!
I hope you don't mind me asking someone a question in your thread, and it may help you.

Thats an Amelanistic Corn, if it keeps those thick white borders into adult hood then it'll be a beautiful Reverse Okeetee, cool snake ;)

So we can't tell if we have a RO until it gets older, am I correct?

RO's are a selectively bred amel. I would say by the size of the borders on that hatchling, that it is going to be a very nice RO. Normal amels have a small white border on them, this one obviously has huge borders. I would call this one an RO, but amel works too of course.

Hey everyone! First I wanted to thank everyone all the support that you have given me. So I thought that I would post some updated pictures of my first Cornsnake, a Reverse Okeetee. It has been almost a year and everything has been great, aggressive eater, very few cranky days, and the colors get brighter and brighter with every shed. So, since I got this corn snake I have gotten four more. First I bought Anery het amel 1.1, that I bought from Kathy Nicks, these two are great and doing very well. Second I resuced a Ghost 0.0.1, then yesterday in a blizzard, I got a phone call from a freind that he had one that he couldn't keep, as it was scaring his two year old son to the point of tears. So, I'm not sure what type it is, but I think it's a Okeetee, I will post a pic of it here. So with that here are a few pictures.

0.0.1 Reverse Okeetee
66987.jpg

1.0 Anery het amel
66986.jpg

0.1 Anery het amel
66985.jpg

0.0.1 Ghost
66988.jpg

0.0.1 Not sure, but I think it's a Okeetee
67064.jpg

67065.jpg

Back