• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New Year's Resolution Poll

Will you resolve to:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

danvega

Just to preface, I think New Year's resolutions are just plain silly. Quit smoking, go on a diet, blah, blah, blah. Most of the time folks keep their resolutions for awhile and then they slowly fade back or away to those habits they tried to give up or take up. By the middle of the year, a lot of folks can't even remember what their resolutions were. Therefore, I generally just resolve to do better, try more, and generally just progress from last year. However, there is one area which could go both ways--add more snakes than last year or add less snakes than last year to my collection (either way, I'm adding more :D)?

Yeah, I'll resolve to add less, but not by much. :awcrap:

How about, keep it at is? :) I don't plan to add any more than I already have...I'm awaiting 2, but I don't want anymore than I will have in all. :)

Good luck on keeping to your resolution! :)

Happy New Year, everyone! :spinner:

Or maybe sell off a few and reduce the collection?

Actually, if we could sell more then we plan on bring in this year, and reduce the count to under 100 again, I'd be a happy camper. The only problem with that is that I would have to part with some of the snakes and that really hurts sometimes. *sniffles* I've raised all but 4 of the snakes from hatchlings and letting them go is so hard after 2 plus years of watching them grow.

Ok, now I made myself sad. I'm going to go cuddle a snake until I feel better.

Jenn

I voted add less next year... Only because I had a few impulse buys...
Next year, I've decided, to look at what we've got and to re-house all of our collection.
MIKE

I voted to add more. Now that I have gone to the dark side and have a rack, I am already plotting the next rack. I can't ask Zee to move back to a 10 gallon, even though he'd fit. And I think Addy would like the space. So there already isn't enough room for Lily and Jasper, when the time comes. I'd really like a fire stripe, if I can find one. That would only leave three vacancies in the new rack, not counting the imaginary fire stripe, and not counting Jake's feeding bin, which is the bottom bin in the rack.

And I'd like to get a uromastix, I think. But that's some exepensive caging, there...

I'm on a waiting list for three and I'm looking at a Bayou Beauty, so definitely will be adding more, but first need to either buy or build a rack system. I've run out of room for 10 gallon tanks :) Although, Gailleann will need to stay in a glass viv, she likes her hammock and being able to watch the room from it :)

I voted to add more. Now that I have gone to the dark side and have a rack, I am already plotting the next rack.

I want to get a rack, too. Have your guys adjusted pretty well to life in the rack?? Some of mine I can see doing well in a rack, and others seem to like their climbing space (my cal king, for instance).

In any case, I plan to add a boa of some variety, at the very least, and hopefully a big friendly lizard (blue-tongue perhaps) to my collection. In '07 I added 3 new snakes to the one I bought in '06. Other herps included 4 lizards and three giant frogs.

Oh, and did I mention I am still on the look out for a few giant frogs? Namely Budgett's Frog.

Wow, it would be easier to say I'm going on a diet, better yet I resolve to not go on a diet and like myself the way I am. I plan on breeding at least two snakes so that's adding and I have three snakes committed to. I want to become a member, now that's a good resolution. In light of that I want to buy hatchlings during Rich's out of egg sale. Thinking about all of this the question arrises do I not breed and buy hatchlings from Rich and others, which allows limiting the quantities and selecting the morphs? If I breed the morph potential is rather limited amel, RO, creamsicle, and unknown hets. I also want to get a an African House Snake and a Beauty of some kind either Trinket or Morquard's. A Honduran or Pueblan would be nice. While all of this sound very exciting, I have to factor in my age and money. We have two expensive hobbies besides snakes: mine is quilting, his is rebuilding a 55 Chevy pick-up.
Oh! gawd this is giving me a headache. It's noon somewhere, isn't it.
:cheers: susang

I want to get a rack, too. Have your guys adjusted pretty well to life in the rack?? Some of mine I can see doing well in a rack, and others seem to like their climbing space (my cal king, for instance).

My bins are 12" tall- so as tall as a 20L. Inez is in the top- she's probably in heaven. I never see her. Then Cherry, who came from Carol, so I imagine she was in a standard bin with a water bowl and a hide. Now she has three hides and a huge bowl and vines and very deep aspen. She's out climbing around a lot. Then Zee, who was in a 10 gallon, is in the third from the top. He finally has hides big enough to get into, and his old smallish bowl, and vines. He's not out much, either- likes to stay buried. So I don't think it was a big adjustment for anyone. Then there's one empty bin, and Jake's feeding bin on the bottom.

And I'd like to get a uromastix, I think. But that's some exepensive caging, there...[/QUOTE]

::chuckles evily:: yes...yes....you know you want one...lol:crazy02:

Ahhh.... Well, I didn't vote. I'd love to add more, because I really love new morphs. That said, I hit about 75 snakes a year and a half ago. When my snakes bred, I realized that I was way over my head when it came to the proper care and feeding of all of them. I never really was able to put the wee ones on a 5 day schedule. Now, they still thrived, but I hate the feeling of not taking as good of care as "I" feel I should. So. I sold and traded most until I felt like I was at a comfortable level. I'm currently at 76. <sigh> Poor me.

Enjoy everyone!

Tonya

I voted "add more"...but it will ,mostly be through holdbacks and breeding. There are a few I am planning on buying...a pair of black milks, another pair of greybands...and a couple mates that I am missing, like a male MBK, and male Hypo floridana...but those 6 plus my holdbacks will be close to double what I added this year...actually...MORE than double what I added this year...

I resolve to hold back more snakes I've bred than I buy in this year. I spent this year making sure I had pretty much everything I wanted to add to my snake genepool here, so this will hopefully be the beginning of many new projects this year and next!

Back