• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Numbers and decimals?

b8g8

Hi! I'm relatively new, and I keep seeing listings for snakes for sale prefixed my numbers such as "0.1" and "1.1"

What do these numbers mean?

Thanks for the help!

They refer to which gender and how many of each.

1.0 is one male.
0.1 is one female.
2.3 is two males, three females.
and 0.0.1 is one of unknown sex

GAH! thank goodness someone had the guts to ask this. I have been wondering fro ages what that meant and was afraid to sound dumb after being here for about a month already =P

Thank you b8g8 for having more guts than me haha

Thank you Shiari for your informative reply!

Zulu, you can count on me to ask the stupid questions. Librarians believe in stupid questions as a matter of career security. :D

They refer to which gender and how many of each.

1.0 is one male.
0.1 is one female.
2.3 is two males, three females.
and 0.0.1 is one of unknown sex

last ; 0.0.1 is most of the time used for hatchlings and young snakes that are not determined to be male or female

Back