• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Odd feces, should I be worried?

Labinnah

I have a pair of adult blizzards in a 55 gallon tank. Warm end is at 85-88, cool end is 75-80, substrate is newspaper, hideboxes on both ends with Carefresh bedding, large dish of water right in the middle.
These two used to be awesome eaters, but lately, they've both been turning down food. It's been almost three weeks since they last ate, which I know is no real cause for concern yet, but it's very unusual considering how enthusiastic they normally are. The male slowed down before the female did, and I assumed it had to do with springtime approaching. Today though, while I was cleaning the cage, he started to have a bowel movement. I was surprised that he was having one considering how long it'd been since he ate. It was a bit alarming though, the waste was yellow/whitish and very jello-ey looking. About a week ago, I'd put him into quarentine for a possible upper respitory infection, but it appeared to be a false alarm so I moved him back. Is it possible that he's still sick, and this has something to do with it? Or is the odd-ball poop just some remnants of a past meal? :shrugs:

Back