• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Oh hai.

Putty

French Fries
Heya! I'm obviously new here but I had been searching/reading/looking @ various posts and pictures from many members on this site for some time now and my goal to purchase a corn snake started to become more visible and much more educated on the what-nots and so on about these little fellows.

My only other snake I had ever owned was a small garden snake caught in the wild, who was released a day or two after. Now due to great persuasion from a friend who owns his fair share of herps, I have purchased my own little corn.

This little guy was born in '08 and purchased from Wyzza, who I may add was extremely patient and responded quickly to any questions or concerns I may have had.

He is a male Anery with no definitive pattern, although he does have a curious shape on his head xD.

DSCF0119.jpg

DSCF0121.jpg

DSCF0125.jpg

DSCF0131.jpg

DSCF0133.jpg

DSCF0134.jpg

Thanks, 50 dollars Canadian. Might be picking another up in August when the once-a-year herp show comes too Montreal lol.

Welcome to the forum, that's a neat looking snake. I guess you've already seen all the information you can get here. The great thing is that it is added to every day.

Yup, tons added everyday and I guess I feel safer going on people's experiences rather than store-bought books.

Also I was wondering when I should feed him next, I was thinking this weekend or would that be too early and stressful?

Yup, tons added everyday and I guess I feel safer going on people's experiences rather than store-bought books.
There's a couple good books with good info, start with Kathy Love's "Cornsnakes, The Comprehensive Owner's Guide".

Also I was wondering when I should feed him next, I was thinking this weekend or would that be too early and stressful?

Have you left him alone to acclimate to his new surroundings? I think the rule of thumb is one week.

Yeah he's already started coming out of his hide and sniffing around. By books I meant the ones sold at the petshop I work with, filled with more pictures than info.

Great lookiing snake!! I love the head pattern! It looks like a perfect heart! :0) Welcome to the forum :0)

Thanks everyone, he's already started to venture out into his viv so I thought I'd post a new picture as a tiny update of the ice-breaking process with the little guy:

DSCF0138.jpg

It's a veritcal plant, wit the picture taken from the top, just in case the weird angle seemed....well, weird.

Nice little anery there, You can see his little head poking out, mine was shy like that too, but I gave it a little while and now hes always out strolling in the viv from 11pm till I wake up in the morning.

Back