• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Okeetee Outcross Dump (aka image heavy)

HerpsOfNM

My name's Blurryface...
Some variation from crossing Tessera back into Okeetees...

The first pairing is Flicker (SMR Tessera het butter/amber stripe) x Georgia (WC Okeetee). Georgia is a WC Okeetee from about 15 miles outside of the Okeetee Hunt Club area. She was road cruised in 2000 at a 4-4.5ft adult, and unfortunately passed last year shortly after I had my grandfather pass. The irony of that was that I'd caught her while visiting my grandparents after my high school graduation in 2000. By the time she passed, she was pushing roughly 6ft. This was rough-measure by the fact that she was in a 4ft wide rack and approx. 2ft of her extended beyond the rack when stretched out. Knowing I'd had her since 2000, I held back 4 of what I felt were her best offspring in 2013. They were 2 tesseras and 2 normal.

Flicker:

Flicker-9-12-2014 by Chris Cirrincione, on Flickr

Georgia:

Okeetee3-28-2013-2 by Chris Cirrincione, on Flickr

Okeetee3-28-2013 by Chris Cirrincione, on Flickr

Her 2013 holdbacks:

CC2013-FGT-008-8-13-2016 by Chris Cirrincione, on Flickr

CC2013-FGT-008-8-13-2016-2 by Chris Cirrincione, on Flickr

CC2013-FGN-010-8-13-2016 by Chris Cirrincione, on Flickr

CC2013-FGN-013-8-13-2016 by Chris Cirrincione, on Flickr

In 2014 I pair Flicker for the 2nd time to Rainier, a SMR Reverse Okeetee. Unfortunately, due to my grand father's passing last year and Georgia's passing adding insult to injury, I wound up rather depressed and distant. Sadly, I ended up feeding my snakes about every 10-14 days from this so these holdbacks are a bit smaller than I'd like. But they are catching up with this season.

Rainier: I need to get a more recent photo of her...

ReverseOkeetee3-28-2013 by Chris Cirrincione, on Flickr

These aren't all the holdbacks, just the non-tesseras (I have 2 RO tesseras, but they're in shed). The RO below is an indirect holdback, having never sold when I posted him FS back in 2014 and 2015. I ended up liking his colors, so for now he gets to stay.

I will say, I am a bit intrigued by the lighter background color of the normal below. They are much more faint than their half-siblings above.

CC2014-FRAN-002-8-13-2016 by Chris Cirrincione, on Flickr

CC2014-FRAA-003-8-13-2016 by Chris Cirrincione, on Flickr

CC2014-FRAN-009-8-13-2016 by Chris Cirrincione, on Flickr

See, I didn't used to like the lighter background. Now I like it as much, if not more.

Very nice! Some fun stuff for the future!

For sure...in addition to what's being shipped. All the recent sunshine sunshine sunshine and convection/sauna oven here had me a little moody. I went herping last night with all these storms scattered about and now some solid rain this morning til now, woke up nice and relaxed. I suppose that's rather the opposite for you up there.

Absolutely lovely snakes <3

I'm pretty happy with these guys. At first I wasn't confident on what their coloration was going to be, especially with the Flicker X Georgia pairing. Again, I'm pretty pleased with the results thus far.

See, I didn't used to like the lighter background. Now I like it as much, if not more.

I was torn on that too. I really like the blue background and it was quite useful for getting leopard gecko colors to pop. However, even with me going into the levels function for the photos of Georgia, I still couldn't get my white, gray, and black points to get rid of the blueish cast. I should say I could, but maybe I'm too lazy to have to adjust my white balance to the point of perfection.

If I can get cloudy days where it's still not 90°+ then I'd do more shots like Flicker's photo. BUUUUT, that's not been the case this year. Using the white background gives me some hope of getting excellent color representation when I can't be out in actual sunlight. If it's a tough enough shot for accurate colors, then I can always bust out my neutral gray card.

Last edited:
Back