• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

one scale pulled out!!!! need help.

reinholds

I have cornsnake 1 year old. This morning i saw that she haven't one scale on end of her tail. She probably injureed it. Do I have to be worried about it? Is the scale going to grow up again or not? What I need to do?

Hi there Reinholds.
Are you trying to say that the snake is miss (one) scale at the end of it tail?
If so .... it should be fine, if you want put some neoprene on it and it and after the next shed it should be back.

Good Luck :cheers:

Sounds like a retained shed amputated the tip of the tail (imagine a rubberband around your fingertip). In most cases the dead tissue will die and fall off and the wound will heal up on its own. But you're welcome to put Neosporin on it if it makes you feel better.

You should always check each shed skin to make sure both eye caps and the tip of the tail are present. If left on it can cause problems, such as what you're describing.

Not much else you can do now, whats been done is done. Just make sure you try to rectify the husbandry and prevent future problems. Most retained shed problems can easily be fixed by having the snake slither through a wet paper towel or a wet wash cloth several times. Just make sure that you do it soon after you notice the problem, and not wait too long.

Taceas said:
Sounds like a retained shed amputated the tip of the tail (imagine a rubberband around your fingertip). In most cases the dead tissue will die and fall off and the wound will heal up on its own. But you're welcome to put Neosporin on it if it makes you feel better.

You should always check each shed skin to make sure both eye caps and the tip of the tail are present. If left on it can cause problems, such as what you're describing.

Not much else you can do now, whats been done is done. Just make sure you try to rectify the husbandry and prevent future problems. Most retained shed problems can easily be fixed by having the snake slither through a wet paper towel or a wet wash cloth several times. Just make sure that you do it soon after you notice the problem, and not wait too long.

Sorry, If thats it, I totally miss understood your post and please disregard.

definatley neosporin please dont get that mixed up, i know it was only a typo, but neoprene glue would kill a snake damn fast id assume.....so make sure you go to the drug store and not the home building supplies store. lol

Back