• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Oooh Sunkissed?

Fuzzoodle

So, a few months ago I stopped by my local Petsmart, and saw this pretty baby. She was pretty pricey, but her price came down recently, and she has been growing and doing well there. I got my first corn from this Petsmart and have never had a problem with him :)

I got super excited when I saw her, my first thought was "OMG SUNKISSED!" but they're just listed as "fancy corns"

What do you guys think?

IMG-20130227-01920.jpg

IMG-20130227-01921.jpg

IMG-20130227-01924.jpg

She's super blue right now

I also got a beautiful ghost stripe baby with her! So happy, they're my birthday snakes!

Yep, sure has the classic sunkissed phenotype characteristics to me too! ;)

~Doug

doesn't look anything like any of our sunkisseds, but does look like my US imported hypos. The colour just isn't tight for what I know to be sunkissed. Mine are a shade of orange (background) and darker tan/orange saddles. mine even have black edges to their saddles. where my hypos are the same colour as this snake. head pattern is very unique in sunkisseds too and thiis particular snake has pretty normal head markings

Snakekeepertez....

First, this snake is obviously getting ready to shed. Second, it has the squared saddles. Third, that is absolutely NOT a normal head pattern and the exaggerated head pattern has a line-bred quality to it and so some can seem pretty normal (See Belit, below). Fourth, black is not required on a sunkissed. Fifth it could be a hypo sunkissed, or part of the normal range of sunkissed some of which do not display any hypo-like traits and some of which display an extreme amount.

And if you try to tell me Belit isn't a sunkissed... I will laugh so hard.

Attachments

• belitcrop.jpg
    belitcrop.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 132
if you're on about the pic at end of last post, that's what I'm talking about. That one looks more like my sunkisseds. The original pics did NOT and still do not look the same. Yes perhaps being in blue alters thing, but not to a complete different morph as suggested. I don't base that uniquely on my own snakes, and was giving an honest opinion (i thought that was what a forum was for) there is no need for nastiness, I'm sorry if I was wrong but I truly do not believe I am based on my own knowledge and experience. Not even the newborns my oldest pair produced last year we're even close to first pics, so therefore I'd stick to it being hypo a, sorry

Snakekeepertez....

First, this snake is obviously getting ready to shed. Second, it has the squared saddles. Third, that is absolutely NOT a normal head pattern and the exaggerated head pattern has a line-bred quality to it and so some can seem pretty normal (See Belit, below). Fourth, black is not required on a sunkissed. Fifth it could be a hypo sunkissed, or part of the normal range of sunkissed some of which do not display any hypo-like traits and some of which display an extreme amount.

And if you try to tell me Belit isn't a sunkissed... I will laugh so hard.

WOW I think a little "calm the heck down" is in order here.

I wasnt trying to start a fight, all i said was i saw and still do see different. Iv owned Sunkissed for nearly 3 years now and have always seen the head patterns to be the unique Sunkissed type. I still believe this to be a key factor when determining a Sunkissed type. Id love to share pics but am currently in hospital so dont have access to the snakes, i also think my previously mentioned Hypos are out at another breeder. But our Sunkisseds look very different to the begining pic. Maybe thats due to natural variation, maybe its due to it being a different morph, maybe even because its the two morphs mentioned, who knows till its bred.
All these threads, no matter what country, on whatever forum, theyre all the same. The truth be told, generally its all heresay and almost all pure guess work. There is no way of telling, apart from test breeding.
I was trying to be polite and gave my honest answer, as everyone else did. I still see very little, if any sunkissed but thats just me. If it were me, i wouldnt bother insulting others with the "guess the morph" thread, I would do what i always do, research research research and then base my opinion upon that AND breeding my own stock

Someone tried to tell me Woody is not a sunkissed either.... but I didn't go off on them lol

Attachments

• 20130218_220208.jpg
    20130218_220208.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 101
  • 20130218_221605.jpg
    20130218_221605.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 102
  • 20130218_222307.jpg
    20130218_222307.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 102
Someone tried to tell me Woody is not a sunkissed either.... but I didn't go off on them lol

but i can clearly see it in this one, looks like mine do. In fact, you can see mine. I own one on this page http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/species/elaphe_guttata/sunkissed/?sid=89a5c94341a070cc091617633ab29c70
second row down (at bottom) 3 one across (formally owned by Jamie@cymru corns. You can see all these corns show the head pattern. Maybe its just that bit thats confusing me, but colours are wrong to me too. What do i know, i never once said im god almighty and knew everything. All i said was i see different, and now ive explained why. sorry if thats a problem

Yeah I know man, just was sayin the one who got all pissy with you shouldn't have jumped on you that way. I hate when ppl go off like that. Everyone is entitled to their opinion for one, AND it is quite possible to look different on everybody's monitor. On mine that snake this thread is about looks more like a caramel or something, but I am still new and learning my morphs so I am keeping my mouth shut LOL either way, whatever morph this snake is, it is gorgeous and amazing that it was found at petsmart.... I have yet to find anything worth picking up at the stores around here!

Back