• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Orchid / Sunkissed clutch hatching

starsevol

Cohabbing is cruelty...
This morning I woke up and checked the eggbox and found 3 orchids, 1 out of the egg and 2 pips. Sadly, the first one has a bad kink in its neck and will probably be euthanized. I checked on them this afternoon and the second one paniced and shot out of the egg before absorbibg the whole yolk. No kinks that I could find and gorgeous deep pink/purple color, it is now resting on damp paper towel til the yolk falls off.

So right now we have 1 orchid out which may or may not do well, 1 orchid pippy, and 14 unpipped eggs and the kinked kid.

Sorry about the rough start. I wish you the best with the rest of the clutch!

My favorites. My Orchids didn't take this year. Male did his best, but the female was NOT having it, she's a bit of a spazz.

Here are a coupla pics, nothing much as I didn't want to disturb them. If they do well though, there will be many pictures forthcoming!

Attachments

• Orchid.gif
    Orchid.gif
    161.4 KB · Views: 124
  • Pippy.gif
    Pippy.gif
    190.4 KB · Views: 124
Yay Beth! Keeping my fingers crossed for you to have happy healthy hatchlings!
Mine are pipping today too!

Latest update is that the little one who jumped the gun is doing fine. It shed its ...stuff...and is zipping all around. The other orchid emerged overnight. Looks physically perfect but is real calm and sweet. Maybe a bit too calm, I don't know.

We also have 2 sunkissed and one orchid that have not emerged, and 1 mystery snake that slit overnight that I have not been able to get a look at.

Of course, we have nothing until they shed and eat.

Latest update, 1 mystery pip, 1 orchid pip, 2 sunkissed pips. 2 orchids out and 1 fiesty, curious and picture perfect sunkissed out.

Sorry the pics are so awful, I was in a wicked hurry.

Attachments

• Peachespip20131.jpg
    Peachespip20131.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 44
  • Peachespip20132.jpg
    Peachespip20132.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Peachespip20133.jpg
    Peachespip20133.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Peachespip20134.jpg
    Peachespip20134.jpg