• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Patternless, no belly check havin', whitish pink thingy! (picture heavy)

Jay@PJCReptiles

"Quality Before Quantity"
Hi Everyone,
I was checking on the first pippies again last night and I was quite amazed at what I found. When this egg first pipped I took a quick look through the slits in the egg and thought it was a Hypo Snow. Once the snake stuck it's head out of the egg I realized this is no Hypo Snow. This snake looks nothing like it's Hypo Snow clutchmates. This was produced from a Ghost het Blizzard pairing. I presume this to be a Snow Phantom/Blizzard Ghost (Amel + Anery + Charcoal + Hypo). If so, we were lucky to hit the 1/16. After the snake emerged from the egg I did a good inspection of him/her. This thing is complete patternless and has no belly checks yet there is no Bloodred in the mix. This is a very odd and striking looking snake. I tried to capture it's true coloration using different lighting but it's not quite right. I will try natural lighting after it sheds. I would appreciate any feedback you might have about this guy/gal. Thanks for looking and I hope you like.
Jay :cool:

Attachments

• pink_A.jpg
    pink_A.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 1,251
  • pink_B.jpg
    pink_B.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 1,249
  • pink_C.jpg
    pink_C.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 1,245
  • pink_D.jpg
    pink_D.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 1,247
Few more...............

Attachments

• pink_1.jpg
    pink_1.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 1,248
  • pink_2.jpg
    pink_2.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 1,248
  • pink_3.jpg
    pink_3.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 1,247
  • pink_4.jpg
    pink_4.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 1,239
  • pink_5.jpg
    pink_5.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 1,238
That is one cool looking snake... I am not even going to hazard a guess on what it could be, though I am really looking forward to seeing pictures of it after it sheds and as it grows, cause I have a feeling that is going to be a keeper.

Very interesting and stunning baby!!! First impression here says hypo blizzard perhaps also homo anery but i think you cant see that in this mix because of the hypo being there..

Arjan

Well...I had a number of blizzards look farily patternless and I can only imagine if you add hypo and anery A to that it would look really cool and probably take away some color. Maybe? :shrugs: Nice snake in any case...you'll have to post updated photos once it sheds.

That's a beautiful baby, Jay! You should make more of them! If it is a snow/phantom/blizzard/ghost- that is one morph in need of a trade name!! Please don't forget to do a lot of photoshoots of him!

Well...I had a number of blizzards look farily patternless and I can only imagine if you add hypo and anery A to that it would look really cool and probably take away some color. Maybe? :shrugs: Nice snake in any case...you'll have to post updated photos once it sheds.
Thanks Jeff. You know I will be taking as many pictures as possible of this guy. With the pairing that I used this snake can only be a Snow Phantom. The parents are Ghosts het Amel, Charcoal. In this clutch I got all three of the other possibilities, Ghosts, Hypo Snows, Platinums and this thing. This snake looks nothing like the Hypo Snows in the clutch therefore this must be a Snow Phantom (Amel + Anery + Charcoal + Hypo). It couldn't be anything else but. I can't wait for it to shed so I can start to see the true coloration. I think this is going to turn out to be a very interesting snake.
That's a beautiful baby, Jay! You should make more of them! If it is a snow/phantom/blizzard/ghost- that is one morph in need of a trade name!! Please don't forget to do a lot of photoshoots of him!
Thanks Nanci. I wish I could just pull them out of mid air. But I will have to wait until next year to give it a go again. You know more pictures are coming of this thing. As far as a trade name? Don't get me started ..... lol. ;) :sidestep:

perhaps also homo anery but i think you cant see that in this mix because of the hypo being there..
Don't worry, Anery is definitely in the mix regardless of whether it's a Snow or Blizzard combination . . . the parents are both Ghosts. ;)

Once the snake stuck it's head out of the egg I realized this is no Hypo Snow.
I don't know why, or even if it's accurate, but that pointy little white nose in the first pic just screams Blizzard the second I saw it. I'm not sure if it's an accurate trait or not, but it seems as if even my 'normal' Blizzards have that dainty pointed nose! :)

This snake looks nothing like it's Hypo Snow clutchmates. . . . If so, we were lucky to hit the 1/16.
I think you guys nailed it! Congratulations! I'm proud of the fact that they're in your possession now and you hatched one out. :)

D80

IMO I think it is a hypo blizzard. Even if the calculators tell us it can't happen, mother nature may say other wise. What ever he is, he is very pretty. Congrats!

That looks almost exactly like my blizzard looked as a hatchling, only now is she starting to show her pattern, and she's going on a year old.

Fresh Shed.

Well here HE is after a fresh shed (tried to get some pictures in different lighting in hopes to pick-up his true coloration). We have definitely proven this one to be male after we first thought it was a female. He is quite different then any other Blizzard I have seen. He is absent of both pattern and belly checks while there is no Bloodred in the mix. The overall appearance kind of reminds me of very fine lace. If you could see him in person he has this sheen all over him, especially his head, that looks like he had just crawled through some "Gold Bond". Because of this look we have named him "Powder". Thanks for looking and I hope you like.

Attachments

• Powder1.jpg
    Powder1.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 493
  • Powder2.jpg
    Powder2.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 495
  • Powder3.jpg
    Powder3.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 494
  • Powder4.jpg
    Powder4.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 493
  • Powder5.jpg
    Powder5.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 496
Congrats Jay! Very nice hatchling. I have a feeling he'll be the stud of many projects to come ;)

I completely agree with all of the favourable comments to date.

This boy is a stunning hatchling. ;)

I can, actually, see the 'sheen' that you describe on the head of the neonate - your photographs are, particuarly, good considering the difficulties in accurately representing a white snake on screen.

Excellent 2008 Keeper.

I will watch his progress with interest.

Regards.

Lex

Back