• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Pharaoh - '05 Desert Kingsnake

Snake_Charmer

Pharaoh is my Desert Kingsnake. He's probably my fussiest eater--"I'm in blue...It's winter...We had hamsters last week...This mouse smells funny...". So much for a 'garbage can king' :) Hehe, lucky for him, he's gorgeous. :cool:

I definitely need to work on getting more pictures of him. He hides most of the time in his viv and is in constant motion when you take him out. He's too hard to handle with only one hand while operating the camera with the other. So I'll have to recruit some help soon I think.

1170806195_pharaoh_06_06_12_belly.jpg

1170806281_pharaoh_06_06_12_head.jpg

1168401181_pharaoh_06_12_17.jpg

Thanks!
Pauline

Nice looking, no.....great looking slendida ! :cool: :cool:
Gosh I hope I don't get in trouble for turning the general chit chat forum into the getula chit chat forum :eek1:

He's cool! Didn't Galen just get something like that?

What if you tried putting him in a tree for photographs- that works for my hard-to-contain snakes, especially the first time!

Pharoah is a perfect name.

Nanci

D**NIT!! ANOTHER beautiful getula...Are you guys in cohoots with the local petstores?!? Now I need to resist...need to resist!!!

Beautiful snake. Just stunning! Thanks for sharing...

Thank you all very much! Of all the critters I've named over the years (LOTS) I think Pharaoh is probably in the top 2 or 3 for my fav/most fitting names.

Nanci - won't be any outdoor shots here for a few months--had a blizzard today and right now our tree has about 6" of fresh snow on the branches, not to mention the 2-3 ft you'd have to trudge through to get to it :D. Thanks for the great tip though & I'll have to start looking around the house to come up with something indoors.

Chris - you must not have seen a L. g. splendida in person yet if you think you have any hope of resisting. :grin01: I know none of the pics I've gotten so far of Pharaoh really do him justice. When we got him, we walked in the store, hubby heard my indrawn breath and said "aw man, I know that sound...we're going home with another snake" and ya know, he was right. ;)

Pauline

Back