• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

pig food

skelator

i know some of you feed your mice pig food. do you use this in addition to the blocks? i was looking at tractor supply and its pretty cheap, maybe ill prick some up.

I have not used it, I am using blocks, a high end chicken scratch feed and puppy kibble. It seems at least to me they do better with a little higher fat in thier diets. Oh forgot thier cheeto treats lol

chicken feed. i hadent thouight of that is there anything to look for in chicken food? i might go there tonight and se what they got.

I bought 1 bag of hog grower and I don't like it. It's basically ground up grains, very dusty and I am allergic to it lol! It seems they dont like to eat the powder parts, just the pieces of seeds.
I bought a bag of Horse Krunch and I am feeding 1/2 that with my seed mix. My seed mix is wildbird seeds, rabbits pellets, oats and whats left of the hog grower. Plus some dog food.

Preimum pig food (19%)works great for a "snack", mixed with bird seed and dried veggies. I treat my rodents to it twice a week. The extra fat and protein helps the breeders out when they have lots of babies.

Forgot to say, block food is the main deit of my rodents.... \.

Last edited:
I use premium hog feed pellets, I mix in bird seed and high protien kitten food. Both my mice colonies and rat colonies seem to thrive on this mixture. All are very healthy with extremely low infant mortality rates.

It's working for me!!

I used sow pellets as the basic food when I had mice colonies, the analysis was comparable to lab blocks and much less wastage than mixed grain feeds

Back