• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Preggers "feeder" mouse, round two!

cassandra

Got an equally large boa?
Courtesy of VinnyJ via Trevor at Amazon Reptile, one very pregger silky girl!

cookie1.jpg

cookie2.jpg

And with Murphy always around the corner, I bet that's one or two live pinkies...

Nah, she's huge - she can't possibly have less than three full-sized gerbils in there... did you have another mouse that's mysteriously gone missing?

She popped yesterday afternoon and while there's quite a bit of blood on the paper towel shreds I put in there for her to make a nest, I can see she's hovering over quite a few little pink thingies, so hopefully there's a bunch...

Updates in a day or two when I pester her to get a count. =)

WOW! Great looking lil' mice. I too love the brindle ones, (looks like there are 2 to me) I'd hope 1 was a male and 1 was a female and I'd keep em ;)

You don't want to breed 2 brindles together, yet another semi lethal gene. Plus most of them also contain the lethal yellow gene, which shouldn't be bred together from both parents.

"Brindle (Mobr). Brindle males usually dies between 10 and 14 days of age. Extremely few lives long enough to sire a litter. Brindle males suffer from a neurological impairment, as do homozygous females. This is characterized by a slight tremor and uncoordinated gait." from Eva's mouse genetics page

Flagg said:
You don't want to breed 2 brindles together, yet another semi lethal gene. Plus most of them also contain the lethal yellow gene, which shouldn't be bred together from both parents.

"Brindle (Mobr). Brindle males usually dies between 10 and 14 days of age. Extremely few lives long enough to sire a litter. Brindle males suffer from a neurological impairment, as do homozygous females. This is characterized by a slight tremor and uncoordinated gait." from Eva's mouse genetics page

Weird...

I learned the "yellow" gene the hard way... I had no idea... I had a yellow female and a yellow white marble Male... female became VERY pregnant... then died :eek1: That was breeding mice nightmare #1 for Lore... I've had little luck since then... :rolleyes:

Ooh bummer...I was hoping to keep a brindle male to breed, but good to know...I guess Jenson will have to eat those first.

Thanks for the info!

p.s.
They're starting to open their eyes today! Just - so - darn - cute!

I got here too late... the photos are gone. :( Oh well... snooze ya loose. If you like pretty shiny mice I'll have to get my camera out soon and snap some pics of some other ones I have.

Back