• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Promised Egg Update Pics'

Yep, mum is definitely het for Amel!

Congrats on the pippies and yes please, do keep us updated!

Best wishes,

Yep, Mom is definitely Het Amel. Of the 10 babies all the way out three are Amel. Here is a Pic of the 10 babies, I see 7 Classic Het Amel and 3 Amel. Does anyone see something different.

P3070060.jpg

The second clutch has hit day 60 and three shells have been pierced showing three Amels but this is an Amel x Amel pairing, once again unknown Hets. Will post Pics of the new Pippies tomorrow night.

Ciao

Look like you got some nice healthy looking babies there Roland! :)

Keep us posted, we love hatchling pics!

Best wishes,

Chubby babies, What a wonderful clutch you got there, Roland.....You must be proud. Don't forget to show us the pics of the others, once they have hatched out.

Hello there, results so far:
Clutch 1 = 14 normal (het Amel)
5 Amel
2 dead in egg
3 still to pip (possibly dead in egg)
While this is sad we need to remember that in the wild the recognised survival rate is 10%.

Clutch 2 = 10 Amel
Here are the pics of the second clutch, well 7 of them anyway. Note how much brighter than the first clutch Amels they are.

P3090108.jpg

P3090109.jpg

Only about 10 days to wait for clutch 3 to start pipping.

Ciao

Well, the second pairing was Amel x Amel.
I bought the female as a Creamsickle so my theory is that's why the brighter more dark orange colouration.
However the fact that out of 10 eggs I got 10 Amels points to a true Amel pairing, I dont think that Amel x Creamsickle will produce all Amel babies.
Perhaps the bigger more experienced breeders can shed some light.

Ciao

Yes Roland, Creamsicle x Amel will produce 100% Amel looking babies, but should still be labelled as Creamsicles, because they have some Creamsicle blood. Creamsicle is the Amel version of Corn x Emoryi.

Hope that helps, best wishes,

I geuss they come out of the egg and start rallying about peace and start doing way to many drugs? :rofl:

Still, beautiful corns. Why is the second clutch brighter? Any ideas?

Your first statement in this post makes no sense :shrugs:

The spelling is P I P P I E S, meaning that the hatchling has pipped the egg by making it's first cuts in the shell.

Was you thinking "pippies" was a typing error for "hippies"? If so you need to do some more research on the commonly used terms associated with Corn snakes.

Your first statement in this post makes no sense :shrugs:

The spelling is P I P P I E S, meaning that the hatchling has pipped the egg by making it's first cuts in the shell.

Was you thinking "pippies" was a typing error for "hippies"? If so you need to do some more research on the commonly used terms associated with Corn snakes.

Lol. I must have a really bad sense of humor... I was just joking around by saying pippies sounds like hippies. I know what Pippies means, and I know what happens when hatchlings Pip. To be specific, it's when a hatchling cuts slits in the egg with his/her egg tooth, and sticks their head out. They will absorb their yolk and then venture out.

Speaking of making no sense... Well, I'll let the qoutes work their magic:

Was you thinking "pippies" was a typing error for "hippies"?

Well, the second pairing was Amel x Amel.
I bought the female as a Creamsickle so my theory is that's why the brighter more dark orange colouration.
However the fact that out of 10 eggs I got 10 Amels points to a true Amel pairing, I dont think that Amel x Creamsickle will produce all Amel babies.
Perhaps the bigger more experienced breeders can shed some light.

Ciao

Sorry, but that pairing points to no proof of your creamsicle/amel being either of those. When I was having trouble with genetics, I emailed Don Soderburg. He was nice enough to tell me that whenever doing calculations with creamsicles, instead of putting creamsicle in, you should treat it like it's an amel. Thus, you made an Amel. (hybrid) X Amel. pairing, which resulted in, like you said, 100% amels. BTW, "creamsickle" is actually spelled creamsicle.

How do you think this makes no sense?

It's a plain and simple question!

"Was you thinking" should be "Were you thinking". Susie, were are you from, because I'm up in the northeast and if you're from a different region I can easily see how it can make sense to both of us based on regional dialect?

Back