• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Quandry

promethear

I want to get another corn snake. However, I am mindful of the recommended quarantine practices. They seem to include "keeping the new snake in a different room". I only HAVE one room (with the exception of the bathroom...and keeping a snake there isn't practical). Is there a way to do an adequate quarantine in these circumstances? Or do I have to wait until I am in a bogger place (which does not seem to be anytime in the forseeable future)?

Think you've answered your own question really. It's not a quandary - I think you need to wait.

Well, see if anyone else chips in. Somebody out there might be able to suggest a cunning plan!

Well, I guess it could depend on the size of the room....

What is the purpose of keeping the snakes in different rooms? I'm assuming it's because the mites travel? Are RIs airborne? What is the actual physical space apart required?

Will any of your friends QT it? Ones with out Reptiles perhaps? That way you can have you cake and eat it too! :D Then bring it straight home and enjoy your snake! Anyone else think this will work?

Just a question OP, do you live in an efficiency apartment? A one bedroom apartment? YouMAYhave some available space, but as some have already told you...you may have already answered your own question.

We have a good sized collection here of snakes of varies species as well as lizards type animals. We end up using the strangest places to quarantine animals. It is not always easy but our home is an animal home.

Be smart, do what is best for your snakes first. It will pay off in the long run, no matter how hard it looks right now.

Good Luck!
PJ

I live in room on the end of a house. It shares a wall with the house, but there is no entryway into the main house. The room is 9x14. The closet projects into this a bit. In fact, the refrigerator and microwave are in the closet to save space.

Back