• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Question about turbos

Criosphynx

Memento semper
Hi everyone...

This year I produced som' babies and I wanted som' opinions imput.

I have seen the few few few photos that I can find of turbo corns corn x gopher and basically my impression was gophersnakish babies with a cornsnake pattern. Mostly pituophis type look with a hint of corn.

So this year I produced about 14 or so Turbos. I did a sunglow to an exceptionally clean sonoran gophersnake. I was expecting keeled scales, muddy color etc...the plan was to linebreed them back to each other as they are 100% het for amel.

So imagine my shock...they are gophersnake sized babies....SMOOTH scales...shiny (like neither) have the gopher pattern and cornsnake heads. They are also so docile its bizzare, they sit in your hand like a ball python, they are alert, but not flighty.

Im not coming here to try and pawn them off or anything, I just wouls like to hear any imput (besides I hate hybrids type stuff) and see if anyone has any photos of other similar crosses?

Another wierd thing is the whole clutch is female except one. Kinda threw a wrench in my plans for keeping a few pairs. :)

That is very interesting. I have never seen a turbo corn. I would love some pics. They most likley have corn snake like behavior I would think

I need to see pics. I have a male bullsnake X cornsnake cross and have been searching for females. Mine has keeled scales and is a good visual cross of the two species.

Attachments

• P1210034.JPG
    P1210034.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 130
I need to see pics. I have a male bullsnake X cornsnake cross and have been searching for females. Mine has keeled scales and is a good visual cross of the two species.

See...now that more like what I envisioned... the raised scales and all...

I will post photos of the three girls that ate for me today in a moment, waiting on photobucket.

God I hope that one lone male feeds for me, that would be awful if I couldn't get him going. I can post pic of the parents too...let me dig them up.

They are in 6" deli cups for size reference. They ate small fuzzies today like it was a joke...lol

turbo4.jpg

turbo2.jpg

The dark saddles are brick red, not black..
turbo5.jpg

turbo3.jpg

And...an over exposed one for good measure.

turbo1.jpg

Kewl... They've really got a good representation from both sides.

I know, I know... I simply can't resist... LOL.

"It's TURBO TIME!"

Thank you everyone! You all are very kind

Are you probing or popping to check gender? I love the look of your babies. I don't suppose you ship?

Iam popping. Iam very experienced. I also had the entire clutch popped by som'one more experienced than me and got the same result. The one male popped very easy. :)

Last time this female produced babies (all sonoran) they were all male. Friggin wierd.

why don't I have an edit posts button? lol

They will be on kingsnake.com after they all eat. The first three that ate Iam keeping. :)

I did it! I called on Friday and ordered two turbos (I still hate that name). I hope my male will find them attractive in a few years! :cheers:

Last edited:
They're very cool looking. I haven't liked the looks of most Pituophis x corn crosses I've seen so far, but these are a nice exception. :cheers:

Wow, I can't believe I missed this thread, lol... They look pretty funky, and an Amel version would definitely be on my list.
Oh, I wouldn't call the Corn a Sunglow though as there is plenty of white showing. Sunglows are selectively bred to not show any white, just a FYI ;)
Looking forward to more pics of these girls...

Wow, I can't believe I missed this thread, lol... They look pretty funky, and an Amel version would definitely be on my list.
Oh, I wouldn't call the Corn a Sunglow though as there is plenty of white showing. Sunglows are selectively bred to not show any white, just a FYI ;)
Looking forward to more pics of these girls...

none at all? Interesting.

none at all? Interesting.

Ok, I take that back, you may find a little spotting on some of the saddles now and again, but no actual white borders. Of course you'd be hard pressed to find any white at all on ones produced recently, as they get cleaner with each new generation...

Back