• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Question about when to feed more

Green_jello

We bought a beautiful baby albino Oketee Corn snake for our daughters ninth b-day month and half ago.It's name is Sherbert a very loved and sweet member of our family.The third shed is just around the corner,and Iwant to know how you know when to give more food.Sherbert now eats 1 pink every 3 days but digestion seems to be getting fast every time I feed our baby.

Sherbert

Sherbert is approximately 16 1/2 inches long I don't how old? almost at another shed already this will the third.

Welcome to the forum.
To start you off here is a few links...............
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28341 and........
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28342
Now the general rule is feed your snake an food item that is no larger than
1 1/2 time of snakes widest point. So feed it some thing a little bigger than the snake girth. And another general rule is to feed your snake every five to seven days and not to handle it for forty eight hours after. So three days is "pushing" it a little.
On this site you will see a lot of "general rule" or "grey area" I shall call them. They pertain mainly to the new owners and as the years go by you can flex them a little. But for now the health of the snake is the main concern.
Oh yeah another rule..... Go buy another corn snake. Ha! Ha!

Good Luck to you
and show us some pictures of your new pet.

If your snake is 16 1/2 inches and you are still feeding it pinks you are (A) starving it and (B) wasting lots of money on pinks. At that size it should be eating large fuzzy or hopper mice. As a good rule of thumb one feeding every 5-7 days. If the lump disappears much before the third day, up the food.

I feed mine once a week an appropriotly sized meal and all my snakes strive. If alls you can get is pinkys then mabe try feeding 2 or 3 at once. Other wise bigger prey would be more suitable.

Thank You

Thanks folks tommorrow i will do two or three pinks and start sherbert on new schedule.I just listened to pet store instructions,Thanks for everybodys help I'm sure he will feel better being full.

Green_jello said:
Thanks folks tommorrow i will do two or three pinks and start sherbert on new schedule.I just listened to pet store instructions,Thanks for everybodys help I'm sure he will feel better being full.

No......... not three pinky .
You feed two of the same food size when you are in the process of moving your snake up.... to a larger food item. Your case.... fuzzy.
I don't know if your in that "process". But normally you feed only ONE food item at a time (feeding). Then as the snake grow you feed it two of the same size (pinky) for a few weeks to help the snake get adjusted than move to a larger food item (fuzzy). I would guess it ready for a fuzzy.

Back