• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Question again with stripe/motley

wyzza

b'jour ménamis amaréquain
Sorry to bring up another thread on the motley/stripe.

I try to read as much as I can but it doesn't quite sink in :)

I paired a
male: Hypo het stripe het anery
with a:
female: Anery Stripe
anerystripe_jan06.jpg

I got this baby and the rest of the offspring also show a uneven stripe.
anery_st_mot.JPG

Is he considered a motley-stripe because is stripe is not straight like mom ?

If so.. does it mean both my adults are het motley ?

If so.. does it mean that if I pair my male with a motley female, I'll get some motleys.. or will I also get some motley stripes ?

If someone can answer these questions I'd apreciate it.

Maybe having this answer on snakes I can see and touch will help me understand the motley/stripe thing more easiely.

thanks

WYZ

wow.
I'm not going to touch this one. This allele is very confusing. I don't think motley is necessarily dominant over striped.

I'm clueless as well....
I think Serp will straighten it out for you after he sees this thread though :)

My guess is that the hypo het stripe was probably het motley. Did you get any stripes out of the pairing or are they all motley/stripes. If there are no stripes then I would say that your guy is het motley, not stripe.

blueapplepaste said:
My guess is that the hypo het stripe was probably het motley. Did you get any stripes out of the pairing or are they all motley/stripes. If there are no stripes then I would say that your guy is het motley, not stripe.

Yup, that'd be my guess as well. If you got actual stripes from the pairing then it would become really confusing, really fast. But if you got critters like this, then it's pretty obvious that the dad isn't het stripe but het motley, because the mom is most definitely a stripe.

Or it could be a stripe just not a good one all the way down which also happens not all stripes keep their stripe for their entire lenght.

I got both from Kathy in 2004.

She's pretty precise when it comes to identifying snakes she sells, I doubt she would of made a mitake. But i asked her more informations by email anyways, I should get her answer soon.

I'll test him next year with a motley female and with a stripe female, it should answer my questions. :)

Thanks guys

WYZ

Back