• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Questions about a corn?

phillip2

I am thinking of defently getting a corn snake,i would like to know one or 2 last minute things?

1.What is a ideal temp on the hot and cool side??
2,i have a 24x 12 x 12, is this ok for a baby corn to pack with and whenn would i need to upgrade from now?
3.what do i need in the tank apart from 2 hides,water bowl,thermostat,thermomoter???
4.what is the best substare?
5.are they all basiaclly easy to tame?
6.whats the best caresheet out there for corns?
thanks x

cool,the only thing i worry a bit about is like when there only fed once a week, or so ,what happens then, what do you do are they more a lookeky pet? i know you can handle them , is it a good idea often? also do they just try and get away when you hold them or do they sit with you a bit?

I am thinking of defently getting a corn snake,i would like to know one or 2 last minute things?

1.What is a ideal temp on the hot and cool side??75 cool and 85 warm
2,i have a 24x 12 x 12, is this ok for a baby corn to pack with and whenn would i need to upgrade from now?thats good, u might need upgrade few years from then
3.what do i need in the tank apart from 2 hides,water bowl,thermostat,thermomoter???somewhere for it to climb like a plastic plant or something for it to exercise on
4.what is the best substare?id say aspen
5.are they all basiaclly easy to tame?put it this way, if u know of any easier snake to tame id like to hear about it
6.whats the best caresheet out there for corns?
thanks x
they alrdy answered that :D

ok thats cool thasnks
what do you find rewarding a?
and really would a 24 x 12 x 12 be sufficable for a few years.
at the moment i have

tank 24 x 12 x 12
water bowl (but i think that needs change to bigger)
2 hides
uth
thermostat
thermometer (whats best one ?)
substrate

ill get the foillowing:
bigger water bowl
plant / log to climb on
snake lol

im going to et it up tonight id like opninoins if i can post a pic :)
thanks

cool,the only thing i worry a bit about is like when there only fed once a week, or so ,what happens then, what do you do are they more a lookeky pet? i know you can handle them , is it a good idea often? also do they just try and get away when you hold them or do they sit with you a bit?

Hi phillip.
My snake gets out about every other day, it's easy when you only have one. When we get her out she climbs and travels around our arms and body for about 5-10 minutes then either gets tired or just settles, as long as she can get a good temp from us she will stay put.
I think the snake would prefer to be left alone and supplied with food but I haven't asked her.
She's pretty active in her viv in the evenings, that's when we see her the most. She has a large viv and moves around it a lot. Even if you mostly just look they are interesting to me.

i agree ii could sit there for hours lol.
i really want one now just waiting on the mother lol,
so they arnt contrantly away from you lol,they are calm and sit mainly with you :D

so they arnt contrantly away from you lol,they are calm and sit mainly with you :D

At first she moves around a lot, but not trying to get away. I think it also depends on the snake. If I sit down for a while my snake will just stay there with me.

thats so cute haha
im going try set it up later :D
il post pics soon,anymore help oon anythng would be appreciated.

also lol sorry what age do they staRT getting bigger i know they contanstly growing but when do they need to be put in a large 20 gal plus?

not me, what age is best to get the snake:S

I know what you meant, I was being goofy.
I got my snake when she was about 6 or 7. Having an already established adult has been great. I have had zero problems. Worst thing was almost 1.5 months not eating but she was big enough that it wasn't a problem.

I can't speak on caring for a young snake.
People buy from petshops all the time, some with problems, some without problems. I think if I was to buy a snake I would go with a reputable breeder and just pay the shipping.

Back