• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

quick question about stripe/motley vanishing patterns

limey

hi i am a cornsnakeoholic
I know and have seen vanishing pattern stripe mutations but has anyone seen the same thing happen with motleys?
The reason i ask is i have recently bought a ghost motley and his pattern is almost non- exsistant after about 5 inchs (hes a yearling and not that big) . if any one has some pictures i wouldnt mind i a look - i will post some pictures of him tomorrow thanks

I have never seen a vanishing motley, but I suppose it's possible since the striped and motley genes are basically the same (Sorry, I don't know how to put this info/statement into technical terms. I baffles me as to how they are the same, but produce such differing looks). I look forward to seeing the pics...

Don S. has some Hypo Motleys that are vanishing pattern. I am sure he has pics up on his price list and photo gallery. ;)

Thanks guys the pics will be here tomorrow forgot the damn lead ......and i am suppose to be the manager fo this place :D

This motley female isn't exactly a vanishing pattern, she was born this way and really ahsn't changed, but she would probably give you an idea of what one may look like. She's a project I'm slowly working on...trying to mix motley with zigzag. Her mother was a partial zizgag hat motley and her father a motley. The clutch was very small, only 4 eggs hatched. Besides her, the 3 males were: 1 normal pattern, 1 normal to partial banded pattern, and 1 partial zigzag that was a problem feeder and didn't make it. When she's old enough to breed in 2005, I'll probably mate her to the partial banded sibling first.

here he is my "vanishing" ghost motley hope you guys/girls like not that i have anything to breed him with .......yet

Attachments

• eros1.jpg
    eros1.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 49
Very pretty!

So would he be considered a stripe motley? He appears to display both stripe and motley patterns.

difficult to tell i would have said yes hes a stripe/motey, but when i mention this to a few breeders over here they give me funny looks and say stuff like he came from two moteys how can he be a motley stripe (funny thing is i can work out the genetics for this easy so why cant they) :D

Back