• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Quite a scare I had

Rich Z

Administrator
Staff member
I mean, suppose this HAD been a real, honest to goodness piebald corn snake? Would it have been wise for me to retire NOW?

It's sad if it is a deformity, but it's kinda interesting how the snakes are looking at it like it's weird. They definetly seem like they know something is wrong.

So long as the kink isn't causing any problems, I don't see why they would cull.

Depends on your opinion of kinks. I immediately cull kinks. I don't think they should be bred and if I'm not willing to keep the animal, I'm not going to sell it because I have no guarantee that the buyer won't breed it...Effectively possibly spreading whatever is wrong with that snakes genetics. That and you really have no idea whether kinks effect the quality of life or not.

Selling as "pet only" doesn't prevent the snake from being bred. You can't "fix" a snake (that I'm aware of) like you can a dog or cat to prevent breeding. That would be the whole point...

I don't know, Rich. I wouldn't put it past old man Murphy to put a hex on you and finally let you hatch out your dream snake. It will be one that will start the biggest new furor in your herping career. Don't relax until all they eggs have hatched. Wait, what am I saying? You can't relax then either.....

You could just sell it as a pet only....I'm sure they would be interest!

I agree because I would take in in a heart beat! lol I am a sucker for kinks, I have 3 already and I love them but they are definitely not breeders.

Selling as "pet only" doesn't prevent the snake from being bred. You can't "fix" a snake (that I'm aware of) like you can a dog or cat to prevent breeding. That would be the whole point...

And that is the reason I agree with culling them but I still get sad since I love my kinks but you can't know what will happen once it leaves your possesion. Some one my say "I won't breed it" and they are lying or they could have to get rid of it if they can't keep it anymore and that person could breed it.

I would take it if I had room. Lord knows it's not even possible for me to breed snakes right now or any time in the future. XD

I can understand if you couldn't keep it after you bred it... unless you give it to someone you know well or something.

Back