• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Red Tailed Boas

starsevol

Cohabbing is cruelty...
I know a few of you own them, Oren, Elle and Robbie and there has to be more. Tonight a nice young man came into my bike shop with his dad. He was steered my way by the guy I buy my frozen mice from and were told I am a "snake expert". Ok, now that you have all stopped laughing....:)

Anyway, he had a very nice dark and busily patterned boa, maybe 2 feet long. He asked me what sex I thought it was, I looked at the tail and saw small spurs so I guessed female. I told him it was just a guess. Anyway, he got her from a pet shop, and she only eats live. She is also blowing bubbles. He wants to convert her to ft and to get her healthy. I directed him here and I hope he joins. Didn't catch his name but I am hoping he sees this post. He seems to know the basics, but since I don't know boids I was a bit at a loss. He seems like a nice kid and if anyone can help him out that would be really nice.

Sounds like a good animal, I hope he posts pictures! One of my boas got a bad RI when I got him and I bumped up the heat and dropped the humidity and he still didnt get better so I got Tylan50 from tractor supply and gave him injections and within a week he was a lot better. Hope he joins the site!

Cook that cold, but I wouldn't really knock out the humidity. My repti fogger and a boost of heat did wonders for my sick Dumerils, in the end that was the cure.

Back