• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

regurge... first feeding after

recycling goddess

addiction addict
okay. valentino had a regurge from his last feeding... so i've waited to feed him (he was fed two weeks ago yesterday) - i'm picking up a f/t pinkie today at the petstore when i go to get my crickets.

anyway... i've left him alone, not touched his encl except for water.

is it okay for me to do a quickie cleaning before i feed him today? new substrate etc?

i'll try to be quick...

yes that should be fine. You have left him alone for a while now . How old is Valentino ? Have you had him long? Any idea why he regurged?

he's only a baby. born dec 21 purchased feb 21st.

i think... he regurged because the heating pad below the corn cages got turned off. yes it was a large prey item he took, but he took it the week before without problems. so a combination of both things... prey size and heat. (although it is nice a warm here... we are heavy into spring!)

i'm going back to pinkies - a single today and back to double next week for awhile as i don't want another regurge :(

Bloodreds are beautiful animals . Good luck with this little guy. Some nutribac would be of help too if you could get some to dust on his food. It really is a good digestive aide to get the enzymes back in balance. Regurging is really hard on their systems.

Best of luck to you,
Dawn

When you get the Nutribac, you can put a pinch in his water when you change it each day. This will help replace the enzymes in his system before you try to feed him.

My little bloodred has regurged as well. I've been putting the Nutribac in her water and am due to feed her again Sunday. I'm hoping all goes will with both our snakes.

well he wouldn't take his pinkie today but i wonder if it's because it was a f/t and he's always had live. should i wait another week before offering food or should i order a live pinkie for saturday?

I would wait, and I would also only offer a single one for the next 3 or 4 feedings to be sure there will be no more instances of regurge. Make sure your f/t mouse is hot. Not lukewarm. Mice normally have body temps of 100-101 and if it's below that, a lot of snakes just don't seem interested.

it wasn't hot at all. he was last snake i fed and it was sitting there waiting for him... so room temp would have been it's temp.

thanks, i'll wait.

Most likely that's why he didn't want it. It wasn't warm enough. Next time I would give it a refresher warm up if it's going to sit and cool. Either that or hold the nose near a light bulb to heat it up. It gives it the illusion of warmer breath area. Try feeding him in a few days with a nice warm one and see if he takes it.

well i warmed his pinkie up really well this time around and put it into his little feeding cup (that i place in his enclosure) and he ravenously grabbed it and gulped it down :) i'm soooo pleased.

:D crossing fingers he keeps it down...

Good news. I'd make a few cuts in the back the next time you feed to help in digestion. I've found it really helps in their growth.

Yahoo! I fed Scarlett yesterday, too, and she is on 20 hours with no regurge. Maybe they'll both be ok.

Fingers and toes crossed now!

Back