• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Reptile shop dividend in your favor!

cassandra

Got an equally large boa?
One of the feeder mouse I bought last week turned out to be quite the preggers girlie girl, so I thought what the heck, let's see if she gives birth...

Babies!

mouse1.jpg

mouse2.jpg

I think the flash freaked her out a bit and she was covering her babies (good mommy)...you can see a bit of blood on the paper towel shred in the background. I'm guessing/hoping that's from the birthing and not a post-birth snack on one of them, hehe. =)

Ah, the herpetophile's version of "Buy One, Get 12 (of equal or lesser value) Free!!"

(I guess congratulations are in order?) :rolleyes:

regards,
jazz

My daughter brought home a VERY preggers female from the local petshop about a month ago. She had her babies about 2 days later. We were only able to save 1 for our baby snake, she made snacks out of the rest of them for herself. We have her in a colony now with 1 male and another female, hoping if she does have more babies they wont' end up as snacks for her but for our baby...lol

same happend to me when i bread mice, i bought a black one as a pet then it had baby's then they bread with each other and i ended up with over 300 inbred mice i sold the whole lot for £10 to a snake breeder, wish id kept em now!! would have froze em and fed em to Damien :/

I love it when that happens! When I bought my first two pet rats, they were BOTH pregnant. So then I had my own colony! Are you going to breed them? The blood is normal. As long as there isn't a whole lot you shouldn't worry. Congratulations on the free food!

Thanks guys! Nah, I don't think I'll try to build up a colony - really don't have the space - but thought it would be fun to go ahead and let nature take it's course and get some free food!

Free being relative since I need to feed them, but hey... :rolleyes:

Did you get those from my store? If so, I'm gonna have to let the bosses know and we'll charge you for them next time you are in :grin01:

lefty_mussolini said:
Did you get those from my store? If so, I'm gonna have to let the bosses know and we'll charge you for them next time you are in :grin01:
Trevor, you work in a reptile shop?

HOW COOL IS THAT!!!! :wavey:

regards,
jazz

Oh yeah... I forgot to mention that I got a job at a reptile shop

Oh yes, much to the disappointment to Jen and her craving for that North Woods Inn salad at the BBQ's... :shrugs:

Regards... Tim of T and J

No, Trevor, Reptile Republic in Redlands...with the Christmas holidays and with Cleo refusing to eat and us too lazy to drive to Montclair, just been getting big mousies for the girls and peach fuzzies for Jens locally - but I'm guessing me getting the preggers mouse was a mistake. No extry charges plz thx or I'll buy my next snakey elsewhere, you! =D

Speaking of which, are you guys open this weekend? I wanna come out and get a good ratter for Carmen. =)

cassandra said:
No, Trevor, Reptile Republic in Redlands...with the Christmas holidays and with Cleo refusing to eat and us too lazy to drive to Montclair, just been getting big mousies for the girls and peach fuzzies for Jens locally - but I'm guessing me getting the preggers mouse was a mistake. No extry charges plz thx or I'll buy my next snakey elsewhere, you! =D

Speaking of which, are you guys open this weekend? I wanna come out and get a good ratter for Carmen. =)
We are open normal hours on Saturday, and 10-2 on Sunday.
TandJ said:
Oh yes, much to the disappointment to Jen and her craving for that North Woods Inn salad at the BBQ's...
Yeah... sorry about that.

*lol* Gees Trev, say it like you mean it.. j/k of course..

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Back